Logitech G403 Prodigy Mouse Review - Powerful Performance Without a Premium Price

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Logitech G403 Prodigy Mouse Review - Powerful Performance Without a Premium Price

Logitech's newest mouse aims to deliver top-end performance with a decidedly mid-range range price.

Read Full Article

Vendor-Lazarus

Censored by Mods. PM for Taboos
Mar 1, 2009
Looks like just the kind of wireless mouse I've been searching for.
I just need to compare the height, length and breadth.
A bit on the pricey side but I can always try it out first.

Hopefully I'll finally be able to replace my current failing one.
If it works I'm going to remember to buy a second one just in case.

Thanks!

Remus

Reprogrammed Spambot
Nov 24, 2012
It's Logitech's version of the Razer Deathadder. I have a Razer Deathadder - got it for free actually from a Mt Dew WoW promotional drawing. I like my Deathadder. But should it stop working, this might be a good alternative.

JohnnyDelRay

Jul 29, 2010
emeril322 said:
Eh, I think I'll stick with a "like new" Logitech MX518 for $35
MX518's are bulletproof. I've been using mine on my office computer which gets daily abuse for about 8 freaking years. If it ever manages to kick the bucket though I'll be getting either it's successor (G400) or one of these. Can't fault it, still clicks, points and scrolls like the first day I owned it, though the rubber is getting a bit nasty but that's lot to do with the humidity around here. Already alcohol rubbed the thumb bit off.

I have had 2 Razer mice, and they both died within a year (not registering clicks, scroll wheel stopped responding, driver issues, etc).

emeril322

Jul 12, 2012
JohnnyDelRay said:
emeril322 said:
Eh, I think I'll stick with a "like new" Logitech MX518 for $35
MX518's are bulletproof. I've been using mine on my office computer which gets daily abuse for about 8 freaking years. If it ever manages to kick the bucket though I'll be getting either it's successor (G400) or one of these. Can't fault it, still clicks, points and scrolls like the first day I owned it, though the rubber is getting a bit nasty but that's lot to do with the humidity around here. Already alcohol rubbed the thumb bit off.

I have had 2 Razer mice, and they both died within a year (not registering clicks, scroll wheel stopped responding, driver issues, etc).
Yeah I've had mine for about 10 years now lol. It's still kicking ass. I haven't even had the dented-metal-finish on the main part of the mouse wear off yet. It's just a little dirty from constant use, and the Logitech symbol is rubbed off a bit at the bottom and across half of the word. I'm not sure I'll ever find a mouse as good as this one has been to me.

Alleged_Alec

Sep 2, 2008
JohnnyDelRay said:
Never had a razer myself, but I currently have a RAT 5 which after 6 or so months already started to double click on a single button press, which is apparently a more known problem with RATs.

It's annoying though: I have huge hands and use a fingertip grip, which makes finding a mouse I can use comfortably quite hard.

JohnnyDelRay

Jul 29, 2010
Alleged_Alec said:
JohnnyDelRay said:
Never had a razer myself, but I currently have a RAT 5 which after 6 or so months already started to double click on a single button press, which is apparently a more known problem with RATs.

It's annoying though: I have huge hands and use a fingertip grip, which makes finding a mouse I can use comfortably quite hard.
Yea same. I use a very fingertipped grip, and always need a wrist rest (sponge, gel, whatever) because it leads to acute pain during long sessions. Though I don't have huge hands, I have pretty long fingers which has been a bit of a hassle because mice seem to be getting smaller these days, unless you opt for a massive MMO-based mouse with tons of buttons, which I definitely don't need.

Haven't heard much good things about the Mad Catz hardware in general, but recently at home I've been using a Corsair mouse which has been flawless in operation and very comfortable to use (I think it's a Rival)

Alleged_Alec

Sep 2, 2008
JohnnyDelRay said:
Alleged_Alec said:
JohnnyDelRay said:

Yea same. I use a very fingertipped grip, and always need a wrist rest (sponge, gel, whatever) because it leads to acute pain during long sessions. Though I don't have huge hands, I have pretty long fingers which has been a bit of a hassle because mice seem to be getting smaller these days, unless you opt for a massive MMO-based mouse with tons of buttons, which I definitely don't need.

Haven't heard much good things about the Mad Catz hardware in general, but recently at home I've been using a Corsair mouse which has been flawless in operation and very comfortable to use (I think it's a Rival)
Yeah, apparently RATs have pretty big issues overall. I've contacted them and I hope to got they'll send a replacement or something, because it was quite an expensive mouse, and I don't have the money to buy a new one.