South Park: The Fractured But Whole Delayed to Next Year

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
South Park: The Fractured But Whole Delayed to Next Year

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1349/1349839.jpgSouth Park: The Fractured But Whole has been pushed back into 2017.

In a blog post [http://blog.ubi.com/south-park-fractured-whole-update/] today, Ubisoft announced it has delayed South Park: The Fractured But Whole into early 2017. The sequel to 2014's South Park: The Stick of Truth was originally slated to release on December 6, and was widely considered one of the most anticipated games of this holiday season.

Ubisoft says that the delay will help make sure that that anticipation doesn't give way to disappointment. "South Park: The Fractured But Whole has received an incredible response from fans around the world over the past months and the development team wants to make sure the game experience meets their high expectations. The additional time will help them achieve this goal."

The new Q1 2017 release date means that we could see South Park: The Fractured But Whole as early as January 1, or as late as March 31. Around here, we're hoping that Ubi has decided to use this extra time to pack in the Nosulus Rift [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/168156-Ubisoft-Creates-Nosulus-Rift-So-You-Can-Smell-Your-Farts-in-South-Park-the-Fractured-But-Whole] so you can enjoy the smell of your own farts in-game.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Damned Ubisoft! I guess the only consolation is that South Park graphics are so cheap and easy that inside out faces might actually make them look better.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Eh...It was going to be out after black-friday sales anyway but at least now we (probably) have something to look forward to during the drought months.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I ok with this since I am most likely be playing Pokemon Moon on that date anyway.

Bobular

Oct 7, 2009
Why do games give dates these days? They never stick to them and it just upsets fans when they get pushed back.

Igor-Rowan

Apr 12, 2016
Bobular said:
Why do games give dates these days? They never stick to them and it just upsets fans when they get pushed back.
I usually don't care about delays, but if a game has been delayed AND it needs a day one patch is really testing the audience's goodwill.

Adam Locking

Aug 10, 2012
Making room for The Last Guardian at least. They must really need the extra time if they're willing to forgo the Christmas market, since when does anything but shovelware get released Q1?

Atratzu

Aug 14, 2016
Maybe I'm just salty, but when I see x-game has been delayed, I think "why did they announce a release date in the first place? Everyone is breaking their release date plans anyway.

DarklordKyo

Nov 22, 2009
Adam Locking said:
They must really need the extra time if they're willing to forgo the Christmas market, since when does anything but shovelware get released Q1?
Well, the NX is currently slated for a Q1 release. March is in the tail end of it. Same for Zelda: Breath of the Wild, assuming it's actually gonna be a launch title.

DarklordKyo

Nov 22, 2009
Atratzu said:
Maybe I'm just salty, but when I see x-game has been delayed, I think "why did they announce a release date in the first place? Everyone is breaking their release date plans anyway.
I guess to generate initial hype when there's a build that's good enough to do so.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
I... did not realize, until right now, that the title of the game is a crude pun.

I'm an idiot.

Saulkar

Legacy
Aug 25, 2010
Country
Canuckistan
MrCalavera said:
Here's the official apology from Ubisoft:
autoplay=1, I will have to remember that once for some good gags I have up my sleeve.

Anyhoo, nothing new to see here. While I enjoy games being released in a playable state I am getting frustrated with the never-ending parade of false release dates. I call bullshit on each and every last one as of late. Having passed Dishonored and working my way through the DLC campaigns I will be rather cross if the sequel sees a similar fate.

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
dragongit said:
What else is new? It'll be a shock when a game announces a release date, and KEEPS it.
What's new is that UBISOFT delays a game instead of forcibly pumping out half-finished bullshit.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
didnt expect that from ubisoft. well, as long every version works, especially pc, i have no complaints for the delay. im anyway very busy with the witcher 3 since i have gotten my self the GOTY edition.

JimB

Apr 1, 2012
I'm a little behind on current gamer etiquette, but I'm supposed to respond to this by calling the author a liar and making death threats against him, right? That's what we do now?