PC System Requirements for Titanfall 2 Emerge, Including 4K Settings

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
PC System Requirements for Titanfall 2 Emerge, Including 4K Settings

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1351/1351471.jpgTitanfall 2's PC system requirements also indicate the hardware you'll need to run it at 4K.

The recent Titanfall 2 tech test resulting changes [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/168172-The-Upcoming-Titanfall-2-Tech-Test-Will-Not-Be-Available-on-PC target=]) is well behind us, Respawn is ready to tell gamers just how much PC horsepower they'll need to harness to run the upcoming shooter.

Interestingly, they've included three separate list of hardware. In addition to the usual minimum and recommended specs, there's also an "Ultra 4K60" list, whose purpose should be self-explanatory.

Minimum Specs

CPU: Intel Core i3-3600t or equivalent
RAM: 8GB
HDD: 45GB
GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 660 2GB, AMD Radeon HD 7850 2GB

Recommended Specs

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600 or equivalent
RAM: 16GB
GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1060 6GB, AMD Radeon RX 480 8GB

Ultra 4K60 Specs

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700k or equivalent
RAM: 16GB
GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1080 8GB

What do these specs mean? Producer Drew McCoy said in a blog post [http://www.titanfall.com/en_us/news/pc-specs/] that, "Our goal for minimum PC specs on Titanfall 2 is that you can play at a 1600x900 resolution with most details turned on and average around 60fps. We strongly believe that if you at least match the posted requirements you should have an excellent visual and gameplay experience playing the game, so don't be alarmed if you boot it up and don't need to turn all the settings to Low for playable framerates."

As to the 4K specs, McCoy says that they are "what you'll need if you want to achieve 60fps while playing the game at a whopping 3840x2160 (aka '4K') resolution and average around 60fps."

You can see all the new tech, see benchmarks, and read all about the PC-specific options (like FOV and more), in the blog post [http://www.titanfall.com/en_us/news/pc-specs/] on the official Titanfall 2 website.

Titanfall 2 is launching on PC and Xbox One on October 28.

JUMBO PALACE

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 17, 2009
Country
USA
The recommended cpu seems a little inflated but that's fine. The first game ran really well and the footage I've seen looks pretty smooth. I have confidence in Respawn putting together a well running game.

Jadak

Nov 4, 2008
JUMBO PALACE said:
The recommended cpu seems a little inflated but that's fine.
Seems pretty reasonable really, certainly better than the recent Battlefield 1 specs that listed the exact same CPU as the minimum.

JUMBO PALACE

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 17, 2009
Country
USA
Jadak said:
JUMBO PALACE said:
The recommended cpu seems a little inflated but that's fine.
Seems pretty reasonable really, certainly better than the recent Battlefield 1 specs that listed the exact same CPU as the minimum.
Yeah true. I don't understand that at all. Sounds like Dice just wants to cover their butts,

I don't know. I just don't see the point in saying you need a 1060-which is new but still the entry level card of this gen, and a brand spankin new i5 when processors last much longer than GPUs typically. I'm positive my 4670k will have no problem with Titan Fall.

The_Great_Galendo

Sep 14, 2012
"Our goal for minimum PC specs on Titanfall 2 is that you can play at a 1600x900 resolution with most details turned on and average around 60fps."

I don't think minimum means what someone thinks it does.

Recusant

Nov 4, 2014
The_Great_Galendo said:
"Our goal for minimum PC specs on Titanfall 2 is that you can play at a 1600x900 resolution with most details turned on and average around 60fps."

Judging from his quotes, I don't think "alarmed" does, either. In that situation, I personally would in fact be alarmed, since I would've apparently bought an EA game, which would mean someone was holding a gun to my head, but still.

Paragon Fury

The Loud Shadow
Jan 23, 2009
I could handle it, but I'm getting it for Xbox One since even though the first game was fun it died way too quickly on PC, so I didn't my money's worth.

CS:GO is just such a fucking black hole for shooters on PC; not even CoD on console is as powerful.

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
Very good. I should be able to run this maxed (or nearly maxed) at sub-4K resos pretty easily. Kind of surprised, honestly.

I'm liking the wealth of video, audio, and control options they're putting in to the PC build, especially that FOV slider. (dear gods more PC games need this) And I like that we get to choose which localization files get installed. Too few devs do that nowadays.

Though...I'm a bit worried about the lack of a borderless windowed mode. Perhaps their 'windowed' mode is this, but I'm dubious.

Come on, Respawn. It's 2016. Not having borderless window as a display option is unacceptable.

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
JUMBO PALACE said:
The recommended cpu seems a little inflated but that's fine. The first game ran really well and the footage I've seen looks pretty smooth. I have confidence in Respawn putting together a well running game.
Jadak said:
I wouldn't worry about it, (EDIT: on the Battlefield 1 beta) I managed to get about 90fps on Ultra settings at 1080p with a 4690 and a GTX 980. The 4690's obviously slower than the 6600 and whilst the 1060 and 980 trade blows the 1060 also has a higher frame buffer.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
The_Great_Galendo said:

Sub-par resolution at minimum framerate with most visual functions on? yeah, i think its pretty close to minimum requirements.