The Mythic Difficulty Option for World of Warcraft's Emerald Nightmare Raid Launches Today

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
The Mythic Difficulty Option for [/I]World of Warcraft[/I]'s Emerald Nightmare Raid Launches Today

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1352/1352284.jpgIt's time to take your Emerald Nightmare raid to the next level when the Mythic Difficulty launches today.

When the Legion expansion for World of Warcraft launched, it came along with the promise of the upcoming Emerald Nightmare raid. Last week, the Normal and Heroic versions of the raid went live. Today, Blizzard is opening up the Mythic difficulty option.

Also opening today is the first wing of Raid Finder for the Emerald Nightmare. The second wing will open on October 11, with the third wing coming two weeks later on October 25.

Blizzard is also adding a new mechanic called Mythic Keystones. When you complete your first Mythic dungeon each week, you'll get a Mythic Keystone. That keystone will unlock new challenges inside Mythic dungeons, which will allow you to receive even better rewards.

You can learn more about the Emerald Nightmare in this news post from Blizzard [https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/20271917].

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
I just hope there will be no Mythic exclusive Lore Events because fuck me I don't think I can handle even Heroic.

I mean I hated it in Cata where they had a Heroic Exclusive phase for the Ragnaros fight in the Firelands where you actually do get to kill him.

I hated it in MOP where you can face a Heroic Exclusive Boss in the form of a Titan Keeper.

And i hated it in WOD where fighting Mythic Archimonde has a phase where you do get to fight him in the Twisting Neather.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
We wiped 12+ times on normal Xavius last night due to people failing at meteors (and one of the tanks consistently screwing up the debuff). Got him down to 10% on our best attempt :(

Well, at least I can keep riding the herb/alch gold train.

ecoho

Jun 16, 2010
Samtemdo8 said:
I just hope there will be no Mythic exclusive Lore Events because fuck me I don't think I can handle even Heroic.

I mean I hated it in Cata where they had a Heroic Exclusive phase for the Ragnaros fight in the Firelands where you actually do get to kill him.

I hated it in MOP where you can face a Heroic Exclusive Boss in the form of a Titan Keeper.

And i hated it in WOD where fighting Mythic Archimonde has a phase where you do get to fight him in the Twisting Neather.
heroics are considerably easier due to the fact that leveling to 110 will force you to learn your class, also so far all my pugs have been pretty decent.

elvor0

Sep 8, 2008
Fappy said:
We wiped 12+ times on normal Xavius last night due to people failing at meteors (and one of the tanks consistently screwing up the debuff). Got him down to 10% on our best attempt :(

If it helps, try it with 3 tanks. That way two can tank Xavius and a third can do the dream Corrupter(or whatever it's called, the Big Add). It'll be much less stress on your healers even if they are good, because even with two very good tanks and good healers with a smaller raid size the amount of damage the primary tank has to eat with that stacking debuff is intense compared to the amount of healing output, and the Dreaming Tank is not supposed to swap with the Xavius tank while the big add is up. With 3 tanks, that problem isn't present. I personally recommend a Guardian druid to be one of them as they can still put out decent DPS when a third tank is not needed.

Obviously dealing with the meteors properly will massively help. We found swapping on 3 or 4 stacks was the best. But you will need your healers to be coordinated with their dispelling, as only the dreaming healer should be dispelling the tank up until when they can only do one more dispell UNLESS the dream only has 20s left, in which case they should top up their corruption meter for a massive healing buff.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
elvor0 said:
Fappy said:

If it helps, try it with 3 tanks. That way two can tank Xavius and a third can do the dream Corrupter(or whatever it's called, the Big Add). It'll be much less stress on your healers even if they are good, because even with two very good tanks and good healers with a smaller raid size the amount of damage the primary tank has to eat with that stacking debuff is intense compared to the amount of healing output, and the Dreaming Tank is not supposed to swap with the Xavius tank while the big add is up. With 3 tanks, that problem isn't present. I personally recommend a Guardian druid to be one of them as they can still put out decent DPS when a third tank is not needed.

Obviously dealing with the meteors properly will massively help. We found swapping on 3 or 4 stacks was the best. But you will need your healers to be coordinated with their dispelling, as only the dreaming healer should be dispelling the tank up until when they can only do one more dispell UNLESS the dream only has 20s left, in which case they should top up their corruption meter for a massive healing buff.
Hmmmmm, we may have to give this a shot tonight. Thanks!

elvor0

Sep 8, 2008
Fappy said:
elvor0 said:
Fappy said:

Hmmmmm, we may have to give this a shot tonight. Thanks!
Good luck! Hope you get him :) I'd say definitely go for 4 stacks as an addendum, but 3 for one, 4 for the other will work if the 3rd tank is a little less geared than your main tanks and struggles with the fourth stack.

My raid group currently only has 3 healers for 17 people, which was fine for the rest of normal, and even though I trust my healers to do their job, the amount of constant damage coming into the two tanks is just so damn high at 4+ stacks on one tank that it was just stretching them far too much to deal with the rest of the raid wide damage when the big add was up.