XCOM 2 Lands on PS4 and Xbox One Today with a New Trailer

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
XCOM 2 Lands on PS4 and Xbox One Today with a New Trailer

XCOM 2 is available for console today, and 2K has released the launch trailer to celebrate.

If you've been holding off on getting XCOM 2 until you could play it on console, your wait is over. 2K's critically-acclaimed turn-based strategy game is now available on PS4 and Xbox One.

Alongside the launch comes a new trailer that features highlights from the game.

Outside the US, XCOM 2 will launch this Friday, September 30. If you want to get a good look at how the game plays, may we humbly suggest following the Twitch channel [https://twitter.com/EscapistStream] so you can see when John Markley continues his (mis)adventures at the helm of the XCOM project.

[gallery=6531]

Valkrex

Elder Dragon
Jan 6, 2013
Well this is good news! I have the game on PC, just glad more people can experience it. Especially since console players had the previous title, and can now play the sequel.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Valkrex said:
Well this is good news! I have the game on PC, just glad more people can experience it. Especially since console players had the previous title, and can now play the sequel.
My thoughts exactly. More people being able to play XCOM is always a good thing. (Plus the requirements were a massive step up compared to the original. I know a friend who couldn't play it because his PC couldn't handle it. More accessibility this way)

Amaror

Apr 15, 2011
erttheking said:
Valkrex said:
My thoughts exactly. More people being able to play XCOM is always a good thing. (Plus the requirements were a massive step up compared to the original. I know a friend who couldn't play it because his PC couldn't handle it. More accessibility this way)
Though I think the requirement were more due to bad programming. The game didn't look all that much better than the first one and also didn't have all that much more to process. I think the devs were just a bit lazy because they were on pc and could afford it.
And, no, I don't dislike the game. In fact I really enjoyed it, a lot more than I enjoyed the first one.

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
So, that's the Honest Trailers' guy doing a horrible impersonation of himself, right? :O

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
Got my preorder all ready for me to pick up!

I should probably start coughing now so that it's more believable when I don't show up at work tomorrow...

MortalKomic

Carmichael
Mar 5, 2011
Kenjitsuka said:
So, that's the Honest Trailers' guy doing a horrible impersonation of himself, right? :O
I hope that guy does every game advertisement henceforth. He's great.

rembrandtqeinstein

Sep 4, 2009
Will they add controller support to the PC version? The controller support on XCOM 1 was amazing, it was actually a BETTER gameplay experience playing it on PC with gamepad rather than keyboard and mouse and it let me play while lounging on my couch.

I can't go back to playing it from my desk anymore....pls firaxis yer muh only hope!

Mar 30, 2010
It's already preloaded on my One, just waiting for Friday for it to unlock (and for the inevitable Day 1 update). I have many angry, frustrated memories of playing the original series back in the day, and I was impressed by both how well the reboot stood up to the originals and by how well the turn based squad system translated onto consoles. Strategy games that port well to consoles are few and far between, and XCOM:Enemy Unknown was a very welcome addition to my 360 library.