Nvidia is Showing Off the First Look at Titanfall 2 Gameplay in 4K

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Nvidia is Showing Off the First Look at Titanfall 2 Gameplay in 4K

To promote its GTX 1080 video card, Nvidia is showing off 4k gameplay in Titanfall 2.

Last week, Respawn Entertainment announced the system requirements for Titanfall 2 [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/168477-Titanfall-2-PC-System-Requirements-Emerge-Including-4K-Settings], including what you'd need to play the game at 4K resolutions. Today, Nvidia is showing off a video of the game running at 4K and 60 frames per second on its GTX 1080 video card.

Nvidia says in the NewEgg.com [http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/titanfall-2-pc-system-requirements-and-4k-video] finds that the cheapest GTX 1080 will set you back around $630, and that some models are going for over $1,000.

No matter what resolution you plan to play at, you'll be able to jump into Titanfall 2 when it launches for PC, PS4, and Xbox One on October 28.

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
Nvidia says in the blog post accompanying the video that the GTX 1080 is "the only consumer graphics card capable of playing Titanfall 2 at 4K, at 60 FPS, at the time of writing."
Bull-fucking-shit, Nvidia. My Nano could probably do the game in 4K at 60. Hell, your own TitanX could probably do it.

I'll grant I could be wrong, but the 1080 isn't that much of a step up (if, in real terms, at all) from the last run of top end cards from either AMD or Nvidia.

[edit]
Now I'm confused. The Youtube video linked in the OP is of 4K gameplay captured on a Titan X GPU.

So is the Youtube video description a misprint? Is Nvidia's blog post a misprint (or bullshit)? Either way, seems I was right.

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
Vigormortis said:
I'll grant I could be wrong, but the 1080 isn't that much of a step up (if, in real terms, at all) from the last run of top end cards from either AMD or Nvidia.
It kind of is.
It's 25-30% faster across the board at a much lower price compared to a Titan X. That's significant. Though at 1080p, you won't notice a difference since the 980ti, Titan X, 1060, 1070, and 1080 should all max out every game in existence so far at more than 60 FPS average.

That said, a GTX 1080 being necessary to play at 60 FPS at 4k seems overkill. Or they're doing something retarded again, like with the uncompressed audio in Titanfall 1.