Darkest Dungeon's First DLC Announced And Dated

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Darkest Dungeon's First DLC Announced And Dated

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1353/1353829.jpg
Darkest Dungeon's first DLC: The Crimson Court, will launch in early 2017.

Indie horror dungeon crawler blog post [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/darkest%20dungeon] on the game's official website, alongside the picture you can see to the right and a single quote: "The Blood! I must have the Blood!"

Other than that... we have nothing. Judging from the picture and the quote we can assume that it's going to concern some kind of vampire-type creatures in some way, but we don't really know exactly what new content will be added, and how much it will cost.

If you're interested in picking up the game, it's currently on sale [https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/darkest-dungeon/cid=UP2619-CUSA05254_00-RHSDDPS400000001] for North American PS+ members for PS4 and PS Vita. It's also available on PC, Mac and Linux via Steam.

Source: Darkest Dungeon [http://www.darkestdungeon.com/darkest-dungeon-the-crimson-court/]

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
Cool...wish I could play the rest of the game to enjoy this DLC.

I didn't believe other people when they spoke of this game's difficulty spike. I thought people just gave up, or didn't want to put in the effort. For the first several hours of this game, I was having a blast. Yeah, I got my face kicked in, but I would get back up and try again, getting a bit further each time, until my characters were finally strong enough to press on.

And then I hit the level five dungeons...and everything I'd heard about this game's sick difficulty spike reared it's ugly head. Tactics, plans, and luck can only carry you so far in the face of enemies that take away half your health in one hit and your heroes panic after five stress attacks. And this is only a level five dungeon, and six is apparently even harder? No. Just...no.
Who knows? Maybe the DLC will be easier. I really enjoyed the biting nails combat of the level 0 through 4 fights, but if the DLC is going to be set in the 5 or 6 levels, then there's really no point. I finally understand why so many people said they just stopped playing this game.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Aaaaaaand immediate kvetching.

OT: Ohhhhhh nooooooo. I finally extracted myself from Darkest Dungeon and yet here I am once again. ;___;

NooNameLeft

Sep 15, 2009
Sniper Team 4 said:
And then I hit the level five dungeons...and everything I'd heard about this game's sick difficulty spike reared it's ugly head. Tactics, plans, and luck can only carry you so far in the face of enemies that take away half your health in one hit and your heroes panic after five stress attacks. And this is only a level five dungeon, and six is apparently even harder? No. Just...no.
Who knows? Maybe the DLC will be easier. I really enjoyed the biting nails combat of the level 0 through 4 fights, but if the DLC is going to be set in the 5 or 6 levels, then there's really no point. I finally understand why so many people said they just stopped playing this game.
Honestly i really don't feel like the game is as hard as you make it, by the time you reach level 5 dungeons you should understand how to survive even the toughest enemies.

1. Make sure your heroes are fully upgraded before going to a level 5 dungeon.

2. Use heroes with mark to counter the high hp and defense/dodge of level 5 monsters.

3. Have reliable ways to heal both hp and stress.

4. Have at least one hero with a guard/taunt ability to protect someone close to death.

6. Use the right heroes for the job (bleed/poison, enemy type).

7. Getting/buying good trinkets from easier dungeons is always a bonus.

As long as you do all those things you wont find the game that difficult.

Phasmal

Sailor Jupiter Woman
Jun 10, 2011
OOoooh.

I have restarted Darkest Dungeon several thousand times. It's a problem I have with those kinds of games. I always get the feeling that I could do better if I started again. I've been having a craving for Darkest Dungeon again recently, but haven't because I know I deleted all my saves.

But now.... looks like I'm starting again.
I love the art style and atmosphere of DD. I am so getting this.

A'tuin

May 6, 2013
Phasmal said:
OOoooh.

I have restarted Darkest Dungeon several thousand times. It's a problem I have with those kinds of games. I always get the feeling that I could do better if I started again. I've been having a craving for Darkest Dungeon again recently, but haven't because I know I deleted all my saves.

But now.... looks like I'm starting again.
I love the art style and atmosphere of DD. I am so getting this.
Restarting? Unless you play the "New game +" mode, there's no time limit or hero death limit. I strongly recommend to keep going even if your favorite hero dies (or more realistically, your 10 favorite heroes die). You're supposed to ignore the pain and suffering of your heroes and slowly grind them against the endless waves of eldritch horrors for the permanent Hamlet upgrades.

KoudelkaMorgan

Jul 31, 2009
The ps4 version has cross save. Upload your save, then load it on to the other 2 save slots. Enjoy not having your game screwed every other quest due to abusive rng.

I am also at the lv5 quests at like week 45. I have yet to actually complete one as every monster suddenly has like 40 dodge so my fully upgraded heroes barely have 40% chance to hit anything, and in the warrens I get multiple diseases on each character on every fight. It got to the point I just stopped playing for a bit because my own stress damage was too high. I actually went back to playing Dark Souls 3 with my Thief character. Not since Demons's Souls has the dagger been so effective. Also, the short bow is awesome. Rolling quickshots are fun, and way more useful than the actual rapidfire weapon art. I found I was absolutely unable to kill Kirk with the Bandit's Knife though. I had to shoot him to death because he refused to stagger or allow me to hit him more than once before roll spamming away which with his superior reach proved insurmountable. Kind of like trying to keep my Graverobbers alive in Darkest Dungeon..