Wolfenstein: The New Colossus Teased Again by B.J. Blazkowicz's Voice Actor

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Wolfenstein: The New Colossus Teased Again by B.J. Blazkowicz's Voice Actor

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1356/1356665.jpgThe next game in the Wolfenstein series is being teased again - this time by the voice actor who plays B.J. Blazkowicz.

If you were paying to attention to our E3 coverage, you probably remember that there was a new Wolfenstein game teased [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/167694-Wolfenstein-The-New-Colossus-Teased-Early-in-Bethesdas-E3-Presser] during Bethesda's press conference. Thanks to a new interview, we now have another indication that the game is real.

Brian Bloom, the voice actor who played protagonist B.J. Blazkowicz, was interviewed by TwoLeftSticks [http://twoleftsticks.com/call-duty-infinite-warfare-interview-brian-bloom/] about his role in the upcoming Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare. In the course of that interview, the conversation came around to the Wolfenstein series. When asked about the future of the series, Bloom said,

"I'll be safe with this answer. If you look at Bethesda's E3 2016 lineup there was a title hinted at in a cool way. It sparked a bit of wildfire. That subtle, very simple DOS language, going through the titles. Perhaps we're working on that as we speak."

While a statement from a voice actor isn't an official confirmation, it seems more and more likely that we're going see Wolfenstein: The New Colossus announced in the near future. If it lives up to the last two games, it will likely be worth checking out.

sXeth

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 15, 2012
Eh, while The New Order was one of the better shooters, most of the interest in it was the alternate history setting. Which would be tough to revisit without retconning the prior game, so.

Since New Order covers BJ waking up from his coma inflicted in the final battle of World War 2, then covers everything up to him yding while killing Deathshead, it doesn't really leave room for him to be in the alt-history setting. Unless they retcon that out.

Soulrender95

May 13, 2011
Seth Carter said:
Eh, while The New Order was one of the better shooters, most of the interest in it was the alternate history setting. Which would be tough to revisit without retconning the prior game, so.

Since New Order covers BJ waking up from his coma inflicted in the final battle of World War 2, then covers everything up to him yding while killing Deathshead, it doesn't really leave room for him to be in the alt-history setting. Unless they retcon that out.
I can think of a few ways that wouldn't break the narrative.

first there is the helicopter sound after the end credits so B.J could have survived the nuclear blast, and there is the Da'at Yichud tech which could allow any number of ways to save B.J before the blast or heal him after the fact, we've already seen a mech suit from them

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
I still think that Nazi Woman should ally with the Demons of Hell to bolster the failing Nazi Ranks to regain power *cough*ConnecttoDOOM*cough*

Since its supposed to actually be canon to the older Actual 3D Wolfenstein games that had the occult, well, why not?

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
I bought the other games for dirt, and holy shit, was that a pleasant experience. Excited for this one.