Guardians of the Galaxy - Vol. 2 Now Has a Trailer, Poster

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
Guardians of the Galaxy - Vol. 2 Now Has a Trailer, Poster

<youtube=2WhQcK-Zaok>

Our first look at Guardians of the Galaxy: Vol. 2 is here.

Teaser trailers aren't usually the most informative things out there, and the one for Guardians of the Galaxy: Vol. 2 isn't much different. You get a cut-down version of one scene, and a few scattered glimpses of others, but you're not going to learn much about the upcoming film.

All of the cast you would hope to return appears to be back for the sequel. We can expect this film to have the gang look for Peter Quill/Star Lord's father, fight a new villain, and set up future Avengers movies.

Doctor Strange [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/james+gunn][/i], which hits theaters on November 4, 2016 - unless you live overseas, in which case you get it a week earlier.

Personally, I loved Guardians of the Galaxy, so I'm excited to see the sequel. How about you guys?

[gallery=6576]

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
That hug, brings a tear to my eye.

I wonder how much we're going to get to see of Drax the family man after he found a degree of inner peace with Ronan's defeat. I hope it's a lot, that was gold.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Let's hope they make Gamorra less shit this time. I loved the first movie, but yeesh Gamorra was terribly represented, due to no real fault of Zoe Saldana.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I just loved how light hearted it is from part of the trailer (who wouldn't want a hug from Drax?) given to what happened in Civil War.

American Fox

Le Best Tank
Aug 14, 2012
First.

I also hope they fix Gamora. She was one of my favorite characters. She should love to fight, like a more smiley version of Drax. I used to sketch her in middle school with her hood and skulls costume.

I hate that they are still trying to push a romance with her and Star-Lord. Can't they just work together as warriors? Mal and Zoe had an awesome working relationship

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
American Fox said:
I also hope they fix Gamora. She was one of my favorite characters. She should love to fight, like a more smiley version of Drax. I used to sketch her in middle school with her hood and skulls costume.

I hate that they are still trying to push a romance with her and Star-Lord. Can't they just work together as warriors? Mal and Zoe had an awesome working relationship
I wasn't even familiar with the character before watching the movie and I could tell something was off. She's described as being engineered and trained as a living weapon, but then gets all damsel-y once she's thrown in jail.

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
Oh yes. I loved the first film. This looks to be on track to be just as good. Also, Drax looks poised to steal every scene he's in. I heard Dave Bautista cried when he got the part. Looks like they are using that to give us a more sensitive and support Destroyer.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
gets a hug anyway and baby groot? sweet.
looks like it will be again a crazy action comedy adventure as the first one. i hope.

Pyrian

Hat Man
Legacy
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
Country
US
Sold. Aw, who am I kidding, I was going to see this no matter what was in the trailer. ...But still that's a great teaser trailer.

LazyAza

May 28, 2008
Guardians was the best marvel movie to date, so I'm sure hoping Vol 2 is even better. Wonder who the villain will be this time around or if they'll have to deal with Thanos directly at all, cause fuck if its the latter the only way they're getting out of that guaranteed death circumstance is through sheer dumb luck haha. With the story focusing on gamora this time around it seems I suspect her childhood with Thanos will be showcased at some point, which will be super cool to see on film finally.

RJ Dalton

Aug 13, 2009
Wait, is this trailer trying to suggest that the conflict of this film is going to be whether or not Star Lord hooks up with Gamora? Because if so, you kinda killed my interest in it. The forced romantic subplot is always the low-point of any movie, not the thing you shove front and center.

I sincerely hope that the conclusions I'm drawing from this trailer are wrong, but I wonder what else I'm supposed to gather from it.