Wolverine Got Old in Logan Trailer

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
Wolverine Got Old in Logan Trailer

<youtube=Div0iP65aZo>

The adaptation of "Old Man Logan" now has a trailer.

Hot off the heel of yesterday's X-Men [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/168656-Guardians-of-the-Galaxy-Vol-2-Now-Has-a-Trailer-Poster] film, that might not mean a whole lot.

The new film takes place in the future and follows an older and weaker Wolverine (played for what's supposedly the final time by The Last of Us [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/hugh+jackman][/i] vibe, well, you're not the only one thinking that.

Directed by The Wolverine [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/james+mangold][/i], Logan is scheduled to hit theaters on March 3, 2017.

[gallery=6579]

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Huh.

I just got slightly intrigued by a trailer for a Wolverine movie.

Quick, somebody slap me!

K.ur

Jul 31, 2013
I heard Cashs Hurt so often over movie, anime or game "music videos", that i checked the source to be sure it's official.

OT: While i really like the shared universe of Marvel and DC. And the many genres it can make stories possible. The "just X-men" world of the movies is very interesting. I should reread Old Man Logan and see which roles will be needed to be replaced because of copyrights.

Dec 16, 2009
K.ur said:
I heard Cashs Hurt so often over movie, anime or game "music videos", that i checked the source to be sure it's official.

OT: While i really like the shared universe of Marvel and DC. And the many genres it can make stories possible. The "just X-men" world of the movies is very interesting. I should reread Old Man Logan and see which roles will be needed to be replaced because of copyrights.
Hulks your first one
Zhukov said:
Huh.

Quick, somebody slap me!
I know. crazy right?

DragonsAteMyMarbles

You matter in this world. Smile!
Feb 22, 2009
Wait. Wait wait. X-23 is in this film?
If so, I might actually watch it. She can be a damn compelling character when she wants to be - then again, so can Ol' Stabby himself.

Solkard

Sep 29, 2014
DragonsAteMyMarbles said:
Wait. Wait wait. X-23 is in this film?
If so, I might actually watch it. She can be a damn compelling character when she wants to be - then again, so can Ol' Stabby himself.
Seems like it. There is a brief scene in the trailer where you see her mid pounce. Not sure the X-23 in this movie will be as compelling as the comic character though, seeing as you're introduced to her as a young girl, and not a scarred teen.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
That NIN cover by Cash is one of those perfectly timed and performed covers. Does suit this trailer pretty well it seems. :)

KissingSunlight

Molotov Cocktails, Anyone?
Jul 3, 2013
This trailer looks really good. This is coming from a guy who was really disappointed with The Wolverine and X-Men Apocalypse.

It looked like Justin Timberlake was in this movie. It turned out to be some guy name Boyd Holbrook. However, Stephen Merchant is in this. So, that will make me want to anticipate this movie more.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
I'm gonna miss Hugh Jackman as the Wolverine. He played him masterfully, even when the movies weren't very good. 17 years of his life and he was pretty dedicated to the role. Really made it his own. I hope he ends his run on a high note.

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
Zhukov said:
Huh.

Quick, somebody slap me!
I too am shocked. Though I'm not convinced that Cash isn't the one doing the heavy lifting in this trailer.

Jan 19, 2016
Gotta say I really wasn't that interested in this, given that the others weren't ... great, but wow, I went from zero to hyped in 108 seconds.

SirSullymore

Mar 26, 2009
Gordon_4 said:
I really think they should have called it 'Old Man Logan'. Looked intriguing though.
Market research indicates that the word "old" puts off potential viewers in the key 16-28 demographic and "man" skews too heavily male.

JUMBO PALACE

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 17, 2009
Country
USA
SirSullymore said:
Gordon_4 said:
I really think they should have called it 'Old Man Logan'. Looked intriguing though.
Market research indicates that the word "old" puts off potential viewers in the key 16-28 demographic and "man" skews too heavily male.
I'm pretty sure you could call this movie Manly Man Doing Manly Things and women would still be willing to go see it. It's Hugh Jackman.

vallorn

Tunnel Open, Communication Open.
Nov 18, 2009
Old Man Logan is one of Marvel's better stories and this looks like a REALLY good adaption of it. It does look a bit too much like "bad government killed all the mutants again" in a way but it still made that interesting to watch in the trailer.

JUMBO PALACE said:
SirSullymore said:
Gordon_4 said:
I'm pretty sure you could call this movie Manly Man Doing Manly Things and women would still be willing to go see it. It's Hugh Jackman.
I think that would probably BOOST numbers, especially if Jackman was shirtless for the entire movie.

K.ur

Jul 31, 2013
Mr Ink 5000 said:
Hulks your first one
Got through just now and hell, they can barely use the setting itself. Which was "all Super Villain finally cooperate" and looks like they really won't use beside Old "finally broke" Logan. So as said this movie will likely also be complete X-men only. Introduction of X-23. Maybe Stryker became President . . . Are they already making movies of the Trump Presidency?

Or what i hope now that i reread it, they have picked up what Frost said. That the mutants were an fluck after all and they stopped being born. Kinda a "Children of Men" story maybe.

Zydrate

Apr 1, 2009
I thought it was going the Post-Apoc route which interested me but everything looks too clean and modern for that.
Still, I'm curious.