World of Warcraft: Legion Players Found the Deadliest Boss Hiding in a Classic Dungeon

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
World of Warcraft: Legion Players Found the Deadliest Boss Hiding in a Classic Dungeon

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1357/1357073.jpgWho knew the toughest Legion boss would be found in one of World of Warcraft's oldest dungeons?

World of Warcraft players have been finding secret bosses [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/168342-World-of-Warcraft-Players-Band-Together-to-Spawn-Hidden-Legion-World-Boss] ever since the Legion expansion launched, and now they've found another one.

News of the find popped up on the Nexeoes [https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/588log/secret_71_boss_endgineer_omegaplugg/?st=iugiaz74&sh=d5fd5130]. Surprisingly, the new boss isn't found anywhere in the Legion content. Instead, you'll have to travel to the depths of one of the game's earliest dungeons: Gnomeregan.

The post notes that you will need to have all five players in your party "EXTREMELY geared." Once you've pulverized the low-level enemies that stand in your way reached the final boss, don't kill him. Instead, you need to go to the first pillar on the left. Behind that pillar, you'll find a small button that says "PUSH ME."

This will summon the new boss, Endgineer Omegaplugg, who appears, destroys the normal end boss (Mekgineer Thermaplugg), and replaces him. He comes complete with 207 million hit points and a number of devastating abilities, any one of which could kill most characters in a single hit. Suffice to say that you'll be looking at bombs, lasers, missiles, and more.

If you manage to take him out, you'll receive a toy named "Vial of Green Goo" which transforms your character into a leper gnome. You can find more information on the boss' abilities in the Reddit post linked above.

It's good to see that Blizzard has hidden some goodies all over the world for WoW players to find. Who knows what might turn up next?

BayouStalker

May 31, 2011
Probably because its hardmode, but otherwise nothing like dark souls. They've had hardmode stuff in the past before, I guess its just the new thing to compare difficult aspects as darksouls esqe.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
I always like it when stuff like this pops up (I feel like I type this every time someone tracks down something new in WoW...). It adds a sense of mystery to the world, and while I've never touched WoW, I do like hearing about these hidden adventures. There's something thrilling to think that there is stuff in your game that you haven't found yet, despite how old it is.
And the thrill that must come from being one of the first people to find it? I can't even imagine.

Janaschi

Scion of Delphi
Aug 21, 2012
BayouStalker said:
Probably because its hardmode, but otherwise nothing like dark souls. They've had hardmode stuff in the past before, I guess its just the new thing to compare difficult aspects as darksouls esqe.
I think that s/he just likes to complain, after seeing some of their posts over time. :p

Imre Csete

Original Character, Do Not Steal
Jul 8, 2010
Samtemdo8 said:
How is this like Dark Souls? Its been awhile since I have played and beaten that game.
You can hug it to avoid most of its attacks and then all you have to do is circle strafe to defeat it.

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
With Omegaplugg's death, hopefully that means no more Gnomeregan dungeon because the Gnomes can just move right back in.

Oh what am I saying, it'll reset.