Ouija - Origin of Evil - It's Actually Good?!

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009

Ouija: Origin of Evil is the prequel to an abhorrent 2014 movie. How'd it turn out this good?

Read Full Article

09philj

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 31, 2015
Marter said:

Ouija: Origin of Evil is the prequel to an abhorrent 2014 movie. How'd it turn out this good?

Read Full Article
Because it's from the same director as Oculus.

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
09philj said:
Because it's from the same director as Oculus.
Yeah, I know. And Hush. But, then again, I've heard less-than-positive things about Before I Wake - which is one of the reasons we're still waiting for it to be released.

But, yes, Mike Flanagan is very good.

the December King

Legacy
Mar 3, 2010
You know, I just had a good feeling about the trailer... but I reckon it's as you say, often that is a compilation of the best of a movie such as this.

Still, I'm glad it seems enjoyable, and will be watching it as soon as I can.

PapaGreg096

Oct 12, 2013
Caramel Frappe said:
Movies like these scare the living daylights out of me. I'm not sure if it's because i'm Christian or demonic possession is something i'm terrified of as a thought ... seeing this movie would give me nightmares even if it blew. Seeing how it actually holds up and gives us what the movie promised- welp, I can't afford to see it. I'm going to be a wuss and walk away XD

Good review, i'm surprised as well how it turned out when horror movies tend to fall hard on their faces now a days.
Yeah you are going to have nightmares, I'm an atheist who idea of spending free time is watching gorey horror movies and this movie scared the crap out of me.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Gotta say I'm pretty surprised by this review. Considering how terrible the first one was, I expected this one to be dumpster quality as well. If I can scratch together some disposable cash, I might head out to see this one.

Saulkar

Legacy
Aug 25, 2010
Country
Canuckistan
Saw the film and genuinely enjoyed it though I found it to be quite lackluster in the scares department. There were a couple of decent jump scares (but those always get me, even if there is a counter warning me of its occurrence) and the suspense and buildup were great but the payoff each time was a giant... meh!

I found the creature design and the reason behind them to be quite spot on but not remotely scarey, especially when the camera lingers on them for so long. I would also have loved to get a small glimpse of where they come from. Believe it or not but it is actually possible to create a universe that is genuinely unnerving.