Dishonored 2 Goes Gold - PC System Requirements Detailed

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Dishonored 2 Goes Gold - PC System Requirements Detailed

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1359/1359340.jpgBethesda has announced that Dishonored 2 is complete, and detailed how much PC you'll need to run it.

Dishonored is set to release next week, and today Bethesda announced that the upcoming sequel has gone gold. Alongside that announcement, the company also announced when pre-loading of the game will begin, and what the PC system requirements will be.

If you pre-ordered on Xbox One, you can pre-load the game right now. If you've pre-ordered on PC or PlayStation 4, you can start pre-loading on Tuesday, November 8.

For PC players, Bethesda has also detailed the minimum and required specifications you'll need for Dishonored 2. To hit the recommendations looks like it will take at least a GTX 1060 or AMD RX480. Here's the full list:

Minimum Requirements:

CPU: Intel Core i5-2400/AMD FX-8320 or better
RAM: 8 GB
HDD: 60 GB free space
Video Card: NVIDIA GTX 660 2GB/AMD Radeon HD 7970 3GB or better

Recommended Requirements:

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770/AMD FX-8350 or better
RAM: 16 GB
HDD: 60 GB free space
Video Card: NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB/AMD Radeon RX 480 8GB or better

PC gamers will also be glad to hear that the PC version of Dishonored 2 will ship with plenty of extra options, including multiple display quality options, resolution options, and FOV settings. For Nvidia users, you can expect hardware-specific options for TXAA and more. You can find the whole list of PC settings in this post over on Bethesda.net [https://bethesda.net/en/article/4niPcXgvlmM0a6suYe220S/dishonored-2-gone-gold-and-system-requirements].

Dishonored 2 will launch on November 11 for PC, PS4, and Xbox One. Those who pre-order will get access to the game one day early, although we certainly don't recommend pre-ordering [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/video-games/editorials/17284-Bethesda-s-New-Review-Policy-Bad-for-Reviewers-and-Consumers-Ali], no matter what the game.

Poetic Nova

Pulvis Et Umbra Sumus
Jan 24, 2012
Firstly: it seems to be stupidly bloated, per useal with PC games.
Secondly: what's it for a shitty practise to only allow review copies one dya before release, and pre-ordering meaning that you get to play a day early?

And people really stil think that Bethesda is a good company?

DaCosta

Aug 11, 2016
Will it also allow the ultra futuristic extra option of using more than one GPU? Because their last games sure as fuck didn't.

ShakerSilver

Professional Procrastinator
Nov 13, 2009
Dishonored is set to release next week, and today Bethesda announced that the upcoming sequel has gone gold.
They finished the game a week before release? That's... not reassuring. I can see why they aren't giving review copies before the eve of their game's launch - the actual copies aren't even printed yet.

This smacks of rushed development. Knowing Bethesda's lax QA standards (given their leniency with BGS titles), I'm worried about a lack of proper testing too. Their press release on the matter of delaying press copies made it seem like it was a decision made out of confidence, but maybe fear has more to do with it.

MercurySteam

Tastes Like Chicken!
Legacy
Apr 11, 2008
DaCosta said:
Will it also allow the ultra futuristic extra option of using more than one GPU? Because their last games sure as fuck didn't.
Although I can't be sure about Crossfire, SLI worked just fine with Dishonored 1. That being said, it seems Dishonored 2 will ship without support for either if latest drivers are anything to go by. My other concern is if the retail copy is an actual retail copy with more than one disc (cuz muh piracy), though I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't. Fuck Bethesda is into some deplorable practices these days.