Project Wight is the First Game from Former BF3 Designer David Goldfarb's Indie Studio

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Project Wight is the First Game from Former BF3 Designer David Goldfarb's Indie Studio

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1359/1359424.jpgFormer Battlefield developer David Goldfarb is showing off Project Wight, the first game from his indie studio The Outsiders.

Back in 2015, former Battlefield developers David Goldfarb and Benjamin Cousins founded a new indie studio named The Outsiders. Now in 2016, the company is showing off a sneak peek at its first game, codenamed Project Wight.

In a nearly three-minute video, Goldfarb explains that the game is set in the early Viking era, except it's an alternate history where humans "share the world with the last remnant of a forgotten species of intelligent creatures." It's a first-person game that puts players in the role of those creatures, who are fighting for survival against the humans.

The video shows gameplay both as a weaker, younger creature, and also as a much more powerful adolescent. The latter is able to fly and dispatch enemies with alacrity.

Project Wight is obviously still in its early stages, but it looks intriguing thus far. There's no word on a release date, or even a release window, but this early look should get the game on gamer's radars.

Xerosch

Apr 19, 2008
For whatever reason I read 'Phoenix Wright' in the title - and got pretty confused after clicking on the article.

the December King

Legacy
Mar 3, 2010
Finally a game that features real, actual killing machines. And the creatures that rise up against them. I'm hooked.

Bedinsis

Elite Member
Legacy
Escapist +
May 29, 2014
Country
Sweden
Xerosch said:
For whatever reason I read 'Phoenix Wright' in the title
Me likewise. That in combination with "first game" made me believe that they were about to port the series to PC or something.

Borty The Bort

Jul 23, 2016
Meh. Not really sold on the what`s been shown to me. Normally I love games which focus on Scandinavian folklore, but to me this seems incredibly dull. I can only really see this game going with giving a completely arbitrary choice of the "stealthy assassin" or the "killing machine" and then having it left at that. I`m not fond of developers who have any affiliation with the Battlefield games, mainly because everything they touch outside of FPS games seems turns to feces instead of gold.

Seishisha

By the power of greyskull.
Aug 22, 2011
Seems like a fairly interesting concept, though after wathcing the video i get the feeling that it'll just be realy generic and dull when it actualy releases. I could be wrong ofcourse but the painfully obvious scripting, particularly for the young creature section and the pre animated killing animation stuff made some alarms ring for me if you know what i mean.

Speaking of the young creature if that section of the game turns out to be anything but a tutorial on how to move i'll be amazed.

My prediction this whole game will basicly be 'call of duty: play as a creature edtion' only less exiciting due to the era of the setting, long and short of it i suspect a good concept with an uninspired execution and a mediocore experiance overall.

Cynicism ho!

NeutralDrow

Mar 23, 2009
Finally, they pick an undead creature that's not a zombie.

Now I'll look forward to games about mohrgs, spectres, and ghasts.