XCOM 2 Adds Controller Support on PC

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
XCOM 2 Adds Controller Support on PC

XCOM 2 can now be played with a controller on PC.

XCOM 2 became available on PS4 and Xbox One in the game's Steam page [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/168510-XCOM-2-Launch-on-PS4-and-Xbox-One-Today-New-Trailer#&gid=gallery_6531&pid=1], added support for "traditional" controllers, along with some fixes and tweaks, like the option to fully unlock the game's camera, which you can check out in the attached trailer.

"XCOM 2 has plug & play compatibility with both the Xbox One and Xbox 360 controllers," the post reads. "Alternate controller options may require additional user adjustments. Fans have been requesting controller support and we're glad to deliver. "

You can check out the full list of Patch 7 changes below:

Adds traditional (non-Steam Controller) controller support to the PC
Fix config/upk file issues that prevent full conversion mods from being possible on the Steam Workshop and also allow mods to have Bink files.
In Alien Hunters, the "Ruler Reaction" notification will stay on the screen after a unit fires at the Archon King while he is using Icarus Drop during combat.
SPARKS cannot be healed by Medikits
Additional minor bug fixes

Naldan

You Are Interested. Certainly.
Feb 25, 2015
I don't know why, but this will make many people very happy. Read this all the time.

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
Yeah, and by doing so they have somehow made the game a previous version or something, bugs that were patched are now causing issues for me and others again. Not to mention it messed with mods, but then that is the risk with mods, so can't blame them there I guess.

In the end, I uninstalled it since it became unplayable, but wooo... Controllers work now I guess (I know that's a plus to a fair amount of people, just sucks it's made the game unplayable for me and others.)