New Pokemon Sun and Moon Video Shows Off New Ultra Beasts, Z-Moves

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
New Pokemon Sun and Moon Video Shows Off New Ultra Beasts, Z-Moves

The new Pokemon Sun and Moon trailer[/I] shows off new Alolan variants and Z-moves for the final evolutions of each starter, along with two new Ultra Beasts.

With just days until the release of Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon, The Pokemon Company has released a new trailer that details the special Z-Moves for Decidueye, Primarina and Inceneroar - the final evolutions of the games' starters Rowlett, Litten and Popplio.

From the press release:

Z-Move: Sinister Arrow Raid
Pokemon: Decidueye
Decidueye slices through the air together with a hail of arrow quills, crashing into the target before dealing the final blow with its arrows.

Z-Move: Malicious Moonsault
Pokemon: Incineroar
With flames spouting from its flame belt, Incineroar leaps high into the sky and dives straight down onto its target.

Z-Move: Oceanic Operetta
Pokemon: Primarina
Primarina manipulates a huge balloon using its voice, then causes it to explode over its target's head, dealing a lot of damage.
Also revealed were two new Ultra Beasts. UB-05 Glutton is a huge crab-like beast that "has an astounding appetite," while UB-03 Lighting is an electrical, fiery tree-like creature. Additionally, Alolan variants of Diglett and Dugtrio were shown off in the video.

[gallery=6619]

Pokemon Sun and Moon release on November 18.

Headsprouter

Monster Befriender
Legacy
Nov 19, 2010
Guess Diglett was listening to metal, and not rock.

The official site mysteriously gives no info on UB Lightning, which is wierd.

Mister K

This is our story.
Apr 25, 2011
This is it, folks! The IPWL (International Pokemon Wrestling League) Belt goes to one and only, The Heel of Feline World, The Amazing Incineroar of FKWF (Flaming Kitten Wrestling Federation)! And what an amazing performance!

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
....oh...its supposed to be electrical cords...

This gen still sucks.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
That Oceanic Operetta move look way too slow as if the opponment Pokemon suppose to stand there and take it. Also the trainer dance for Decidueye look like doing a peek a boo to a kitten!

Veldel

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Legacy
Apr 28, 2010
Lost in my mind
Country
US
Scarim Coral said:
That Oceanic Operetta move look way too slow as if the opponment Pokemon suppose to stand there and take it. Also the trainer dance for Decidueye look like doing a peek a boo to a kitten!
Honestly first thing that came to mind for me was SPIRIT BOMB.

linkblade91

Dec 2, 2009
Did I miss the video that explained what "Ultimate Beasts" are? I feel like I flipped over two pages at once.

Xpwn3ntial

Avid Reader
Dec 22, 2008
linkblade91 said:
Did I miss the video that explained what "Ultimate Beasts" are? I feel like I flipped over two pages at once.
Ultra beasts are mysterious beings that behave in ways similar to human characters in the game. They aren't pokemon, they're something else.

This is what we know about them without getting into leaks.

OT: Haha it summons an actual wrestling ring. I might have to break my water-starter tradition because that is too good.

weirdee

Swamp Weather Balloon Gas
Apr 11, 2011
Saelune said:
....oh...its supposed to be electrical cords...

This gen still sucks.
shaped more like a combination of cords and synapses (that has 173 special attack stat)

ultra beasts are supposed to be extremely bizarre in appearance

Obbi

May 7, 2008
Really digging Primarina's Z-Move. Accurate depiction of Spirit Bomb utilization in combat, requiring your opponent to stand there dumbfounded for the majority of the execution.

I like it so much, I might pick Popplio for my starter. Though for recycled ideas, a Sea Lion is a bit on the nose. Considering Dewgong is also categorized as the "Sea Lion Pokemon" (looks like a harp seal, name is based on the dugong), Spheal's evolution Sealeo (Name based on Sea Lion, looks like an earless seal, evolves into a walrus), and now Pupplio (actually close to being a sea lion, evolves into some weird mermaid/clown abomination)

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
I like how Prim pushes the Spirit Bomb onto the opposing Pokemon, then bows after the boom. Cute as heck.

Second place is Deci's move. I've got a soft spot for "stick things into or near the other guy, then said thing explode" moves.

Incin's move is probably the weakest. Yeah, it builds an impromptu ring, but it's just a moonsault.