World of Warcraft Celebrating its 12th Anniversary with a New Corgi Pup and More

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
World of Warcraft Celebrating its 12th Anniversary with a New Corgi Pup and More

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1362/1362658.jpgWorld of Warcraft is 12 years old, and Blizzard is celebrating with an anniversary event that includes a Corgi Pup.

It's been 12 years since World of Warcraft launched. That kind of longevity from a MMO is impressive, and Blizzard is looking to celebrate the milestone with a brand-new in-game event. It's simple to participate. All you have to do its log in.

Once you're in-game, just head to the nearest mailbox, where you should find a special "Anniversary Gift Package" waiting for you. That package will contain 200 Timewarped Badges, a special item to increase experience and reputation gain from kills by 12% for an hour, and a letter that will start a quest to visit either Orgrimmar or Stormwind.

In your capital city, you'll find daily quests that will let you acquire more Timewarped Badges simply by answering WoW trivia questions. Badges can be traded for plenty of anniversary rewards, including the newest pet in the game, the Corgi Pup.

You need to log in before November 30 to claim this reward, so you've got about nine days to get it done.

PointlessKnowledge

It Can Wait Til Morning
Legacy
Sep 8, 2014
Country
Canada
Coming up with interesting and new rewards is hard, right Blizzard?

This feels like the bare minimum of caring on their part.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
PointlessKnowledge said:

They could have done so much more like for example they should have done the anniversary of the Black Temple raid and made us raid there again just like they did with Molten Core for Vanilla.

Eclipse Dragon

Lusty Argonian Maid
Legacy
Jan 23, 2009
Country
United States
It's not as nice as the molten corgi they gave away for the 10th anniversary.

At least make it an ice corgi or something for contrast. We can have a corgi of varying element every other year.

I'm not complaining too much because I wasn't around for the 10th and this is one of precious few corgi available to me[footnote]There's also Corgnelius if the RNG gods have blessed you[/footnote], but an ice corgi would have been awesome.

InflatableHippo

Feb 13, 2016
Country
usa
Samtemdo8 said:
PointlessKnowledge said:

They could have done so much more like for example they should have done the anniversary of the Black Temple raid and made us raid there again just like they did with Molten Core for Vanilla.
20th will be BWL
30th will be AQ20 AND AQ40 IN ONE RAID because whynot
40th will be Firelands and be claimed as MC remake