New Overwatch Reaper Statue Will Set You Back $150

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
New Overwatch Reaper Statue Will Set You Back $150

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1363/1363987.jpgThere's a pricey new foot-tall statue of Reaper available for Overwatch fans.

It's safe to say that Overwatch is one of the more popular games of the year. Combine that with Blizzard's penchant for having some cool tie-in merchandise, and you could just about bet that we'd see some cool merchandise for the team-based shooter.

Enter the new Reaper statue. Standing a foot tall and constructed of polystone, the sculpture was created by Blizzard sculptor Brian Fay. It depicts Reaper in the midst of using his ultimate, a pose that most Overwatch players have seen far too often.

The new statue is currently available for pre-order with a limit of two per person, and it will set you back $150. It appears that Blizzard is - understandably - expecting high demand, as the statues are slated to ship in two waves. The first wave will ship before the end of Q1 2017, which means before March 31. The second wave will go out before the end of Q3 2017, or before Septemeber 30.

You can pre-order yours at the Blizzard Store [http://gear.blizzard.com/reaper-statue].

[gallery=6638]

Kreett

Constant Contrarian
Nov 20, 2009
Man, if only my disposable income wasn't needed for food and Christmas presents for my niece and nephews...

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
Caramel Frappe said:
... $150 ... ?? Ok, that's a bit much.

If it was $50-80, okay. Fair enough. If it was $100, that'd be 'ify' but a true fan would still go with it.
But $150?? That's just greed talking- sorry, not interested. Not to mention Blizzard is betting on high demand meaning the quantity will be limited so people pay up quick ............... it was bad enough you can't buy skins for your main in-game and have to rely on a loot system to possibly get that skin, but now this happens. Blizzard, what are you doing guys?
I don't know if you've ever looked at the price of statues...but this is actually quite a reasonable price for a 12 inch hand painted statue. Sub $100 statues are always cheap plastic.

Frankster

Space Ace
Mar 13, 2009
Is there like a button that makes the character spin around and spout " DIEDIEDIE"?

If not, wasted opportunity, especially considering the price.

Xerosch

Apr 19, 2008
Hmm... If you click through the gallery very fast you can recreate the animation.

Kungfu_Teddybear

Legacy
Jan 17, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
Caramel Frappe said:

If it was $50-80, okay. Fair enough. If it was $100, that'd be 'ify' but a true fan would still go with it.
But $150?? That's just greed talking- sorry, not interested. Not to mention Blizzard is betting on high demand meaning the quantity will be limited so people pay up quick ............... it was bad enough you can't buy skins for your main in-game and have to rely on a loot system to possibly get that skin, but now this happens. Blizzard, what are you doing guys?
It's actually fairly cheap for a Blizz statue. Their new Illidan Stormrage one is $350. The Grom Hellscream one that came out a while back was $500 when it first appeared if I remember correctly.

OT: I was gonna get it, but my card expires before the product releases so I'm gonna wait until I get my new one and then order it if I still feel like getting it. The one issue I do have with it is his arms being white. Reaper isn't white.

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
Kungfu_Teddybear said:
Caramel Frappe said:

It's actually fairly cheap for a Blizz statue. Their new Illidan Stormrage one is $350. The Grom Hellscream one that came out a while back was $500 when it first appeared if I remember correctly.

OT: I was gonna get it, but my card expires before the product releases so I'm gonna wait until I get my new one and then order it if I still feel like getting it. The one issue I do have with it is his arms being white. Reaper isn't white.
Two things.
1) My card was charged right away, people on reddit have been saying they always charge right away for statues.
2) Reaper's skin in game is "pale", it always has been. It's because he's dead. Alive his skin was tan colored, but upon death he became pale.
Here is his in game model. http://i.imgur.com/FEzqkBA.jpg

Kungfu_Teddybear

Legacy
Jan 17, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
Rednog said:
Kungfu_Teddybear said:
Caramel Frappe said:

Two things.
1) My card was charged right away, people on reddit have been saying they always charge right away for statues.
2) Reaper's skin in game is "pale", it always has been. It's because he's dead. Alive his skin was tan colored, but upon death he became pale.
Here is his in game model. http://i.imgur.com/FEzqkBA.jpg
But in the game his skin is much paler, more sickly looking which is understandable with him being dead. But on the statue it looks more like a natural caucasian colour which is what I'm getting at.