Ubisoft's VR Titles Are All Getting Cross-Platform Support

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
Ubisoft's VR Titles Are All Getting Cross-Platform Support

Ubisoft has announced cross-platform support for all three of its VR titles.

In a blog post today [http://blog.ubi.com/ubisofts-vr-lineup-support-cross-platform-play/], Ubisoft confirmed that as of tomorrow, November 29, Eagle Flight will support cross-platform VR play, meaning you will be able to play the game with anyone else, regardless of the virtual reality headset they are using. While that immediately impacts PlayStation VR and Oculus Rift players, the HTC Vive will be supported on December 20, when that version of the game launches.

In addition, Ubisoft's two upcoming VR titles Werewolves Within and Star Trek: Bridge Crew will both also support cross-platform play when they release, on December 6 and March 14, respectively.

"Making our VR titles cross-platform has been a goal of ours from the start and we're happy to announce that Eagle Flight, Werewolves Within, and Star Trek: Bridge Crew will be playable cross-platform on PSVR, Oculus Rift, and HTC Vive," said David Votypka, senior creative director at Red Storm. "Our games feature a strong multiplayer experiences, so letting friends play together regardless of which headset they own will enhance the social nature of our games and let them be played the way we envisioned."

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
Well this is certainly great news for the VR scene! Fragmentation is the very LAST thing it can use. Good on you, Ubisoft (for once)!!!

Mar 30, 2010
Excellent! Games I don't play are now on platforms I don't own! My day is complete!

/snark

On a slightly less, erm, let's say 'arsey' note, I suppose Ubi do earn some credit for trying to ensure that VR is as inclusive as possible, but to be honest I've seen too many failed attempts at VR over the years to believe that the current wave will be anything other than yet another very expensive niche gimmick.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
Lizzy Finnegan said:
Star Trek: Bridge Crew
From what I can tell about this game, you are a Federation officer who sits in a chair pressing buttons on your console while you watch a big ingame monitor where all the real action plays out. It's probably the most "realistic" of all the Trek games. But it also sounds boring as hell.

I think I get why Kirk was boning everything with a heartbeat now.