Billy Dee Williams will Voice Two-Face in The LEGO Batman Movie

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
Billy Dee Williams will Voice Two-Face in The LEGO Batman Movie

After more than 20 years of waiting, Billy Dee Williams will finally play Two-Face.

2014's Billy Dee Williams [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/escape-to-the-movies/8771-The-Lego-Movie] will voice Two-Face in the movie.

Why does this matter? Well, fans of the live-action Batman movies will note that Williams played Harvey Dent in Batman Forever [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman_(1989_film)]
. Williams was paid in order for the role to be recast.

So, fans, you'll finally get to see, at least in an even jokier, less-serious movie, what Williams would have done as Two-Face. That should be exciting news.

[gallery=6647]

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
He was not even Two Face at all, only Harvey Dent.

Ugh I just know I am gonna be surrounded by people in this site eating this movie up. Its gonna be months full of annoying memes and references and stupidity from this fuckin movie :p

I still get annoyed every time I here someone sing "EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!!!"

Fuck me I am not looking forward to Feburary.

Kajin

This Title Will Be Gone Soon
Apr 13, 2008
Samtemdo8 said:

Ugh I just know I am gonna be surrounded by people in this site eating this movie up. Its gonna be months full of annoying memes and references and stupidity from this fuckin movie :p

but...
but...

Isn't everything cool when you're part of a team?

Fun poking aside, I'm looking forward to this movie. Really looking forward to DC's grim dark attitude being taken down a peg.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Unless Mark Hamill is voicing the Joker, I'm probably not going to care about this movie. It and the Lego movie are the opposite of the humor I enjoy.

Apr 17, 2009
I figured he would be ever since I saw the official minifig they were making for this version of Two-Face. Its nice for him that he's finally getting the role he wanted, and nice for me that I get to hear his wonderful voice in something else

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Even after seeing the teaser, I can't look at that Robin without thinking Carrie Kelly. Anyway, I'm excited about this movie and can't wait to see what it winds up being all about. It looks like one of the best Batman things to come out in a while.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Shoggoth2588 said:
Even after seeing the teaser, I can't look at that Robin without thinking Carrie Kelly. Anyway, I'm excited about this movie and can't wait to see what it winds up being all about. It looks like one of the best Batman things to come out in a while.
You mean its not Carrie?

Nov 28, 2007
Samtemdo8 said:

He took the role of Harvey Dent because, being a fan of Batman, he knew that Harvey Dent eventually became Two-Face, and was totally on board with that. However, when Tim Burton left and Joel Schumacher came in, they decided they'd really rather have Tommy Lee Jones in the role of Two-Face, and basically screwed Billy Dee Williams out of the role he wanted to play. This is Billy Dee Williams getting to play the role he wanted to play 20 years ago. That warms my heart, to be quite honest.

Kameburger

Turtle king
Apr 7, 2012
Silentpony said:
Unless Mark Hamill is voicing the Joker, I'm probably not going to care about this movie. It and the Lego movie are the opposite of the humor I enjoy.
Pretty much my thoughts here as well.

Quellist

Migratory coconut
Oct 7, 2010
thebobmaster said:
Samtemdo8 said:

He took the role of Harvey Dent because, being a fan of Batman, he knew that Harvey Dent eventually became Two-Face, and was totally on board with that. However, when Tim Burton left and Joel Schumacher came in, they decided they'd really rather have Tommy Lee Jones in the role of Two-Face, and basically screwed Billy Dee Williams out of the role he wanted to play. This is Billy Dee Williams getting to play the role he wanted to play 20 years ago. That warms my heart, to be quite honest.
Was going to say this too. I read that when he pushed for the part the producers had no idea that Dent was Two-face so he was kind of sneaking in the back door to get the role. Well it's about time that paid off!

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
This has been a slow build 27 years in the making, hats off to them

MortalKomic

Carmichael
Mar 5, 2011
Pallindromemordnillap said:
I figured he would be ever since I saw the official minifig they were making for this version of Two-Face. Its nice for him that he's finally getting the role he wanted, and nice for me that I get to hear his wonderful voice in something else
I had to double check that when go through the slideshow, dead ringer for her.