Niantic Confirms New Pokemon are Coming to Pokemon Go

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
Niantic Confirms New Pokemon are Coming to Pokemon Go

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1360/1360460.png

Could this be the big Gen 2 update we've been waiting for?

Niantic has officially announced [http://pokemongolive.com/en/post/sprint/] that new Pokemon will be making their way to mobile AR title Pokemon Go.

While no specific details have been released about the number of new Pokemon that will be entering the game, the announcement follows the discovery of 100 new Pokemon by dataminders. According to the announcement, more news will be revealed on December 12.

The post also states that December will include "a few new experiences and in-game events," along with announcing a partnership with Sprint.

"As part of this collaboration, Sprint, Boost Mobile and Sprint at Radioshack stores will become PokeStops and Gyms, giving you even more places to stock up on Poke Balls and Razz Berries and to battle your friends," the post reads. "Sprint locations will also feature in-store charging stations to keep your Pokemon GO sessions going even longer."

The announcement comes on the heels of yesterday's leak [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/168989-More-Pokemon-May-Be-Coming-to-Pokemon-Go-This-Week], which pointed to a partnership with Starbucks. In that leak, pages that appear to have come from an employee website also stated that "the world of Pokemon Go is about to expand with new Pokemon."

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat šŸ
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
šŸ‡¬šŸ‡§
It would be nice to get some more variety, might convince me to pick up my phone again. They could also do with improving the variety of the existing 151 to be honest, I still haven't even seen about half of the generation one pokedex.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
They need to rotate area spawns. Toronto was plagued with Drowzees and it got incredibly dull just finding only drowzees. I would literally net 50+ Drowzees a play session.

Also it's winter now, i don't want to go outside.

ron1n

Jan 28, 2013
I'd totally forgotten this was a thing that released until yesterday. Kind of sad walking past the big lure hangouts that are all empty again now.

If they ever decided to make it into a proper pokemon experience with the traditional turn based battle system, trading, 1v1 battles, breeding etc, I'd be back into it in a heart beat.

Headsprouter

Monster Befriender
Legacy
Nov 19, 2010
JoJo said:
It would be nice to get some more variety, might convince me to pick up my phone again. They could also do with improving the variety of the existing 151 to be honest, I still haven't even seen about half of the generation one pokedex.
Nobody who doesn't live in San Francisco or a similarly awesome area for spawn variety will find much unless they play regularly and in different areas, although I have personally noticed good spawn variety changes since the halloween update, though.
I play every time I'm walking anywhere and I live in a capital city so I've caught everything but Charizard, Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan, Pinsir, Muk, Kabutops and Arcanine, not counting the region exclusives. 2, 3 and 4 on my list are virtually 10k egg exclusive where I live, but I'm fortunate my area offers a balanced PoGo experience otherwise. Of course I don't expect myself to get my hands on region exclusives though.

Weaver said:
They need to rotate area spawns. Toronto was plagued with Drowzees and it got incredibly dull just finding only drowzees. I would literally net 50+ Drowzees a play session.

They do, in certain places. There's two parks near me that have swarms that change every couple weeks or so, it appears. It seems to have been a recent development, considering I only noticed it in the last month or so. First it was bulbasaur in one and squirtle in the other, now it's sandshrew in one and rhyhorn in the other. Pretty cool.

Caramel Frappe said:
If they could also implement Pokemon battles between people without needing a gym and do Pokemon trading between players, then i'll be heavily interested. Until then, the game is kind of dying on me and I lost interest since it's pretty repetitive with no game changes.
I don't really have much of a desire for gym battles between individuals. The combat is so dull and basic, I'm only into taking over gyms to get coins. Trading would be nice, though. I'm guessing it'll come christmas since it's the season of giving...heh.

On topic, the only thing that makes this a negative for me is the fact that it'll make getting the things I need from 10k eggs harder. The main thing I want them to sort out is always having the option to use the grass tracker as well as the pokestop tracker. I like the stop tracker because it makes it easier to get things efficiently when i tend to play- when I need to be somewhere. However, otherwise you're blind to anything not next to a pokestop. And that's not good.

I really like PoGo, you guys.

magler

Dec 8, 2016
I don't believe what this game will be very popular like. Just it was a first one augmented reality game before.
I am personally played maybe 10 minutes at Pokemon 2 Go and forget about this game after it very quickly.

BeerTent

Resident Furry Pimp
May 8, 2011
Weaver said:

I find that the time of day affects what you're able to catch. Drowzees are everywhere at night, whereas water Pokemon are everywhere during the day.

Honestly though, I've been having WAY more fun with Ingress. People are still in my area, fighting strongly for their side. Winter be damned... I'm still getting out of the house to take my city from those Dirty Enlightened.