The Newest Doom Expansion, Bloodfall, is Now Available

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
The Newest Doom Expansion, Bloodfall, is Now Available

Doom's third and final premium DLC is now available on all platforms, and you can play as Pinky.

id Software's return to the Doom franchise is one of the surprise hits of 2016. It's been praised by critics and gamers alike, and the developer is still rolling out new content for it. Today, the last premium DLC for Doom is live. Titled Bloodfall, it brings a host of new content to the popular shooter.

Included in the DLC are three new multiplayer maps. Empyrian, which drops you into a crumbling colosseum; Boneyard, a trip to the outer realm of Hell; and Outbreak, a UAC facility where "underworldy science" has broken free of its containment.

There's also a new weapon: a grenade launcher that lets you bounce grenades around the landscape, or launch smoke grenades with its secondary fire. As far as new equipment goes, you can expect to get your hands on the Lateral Thrusters, which give players short, directional bursts of movement. New customization options include the four new Cultist Armor themed sets, and 15 new customization patterns and colors. Of course, there are also three new hack modules as well.

But all off that is really less important than this: you can finally play as Spectre Pinky. You're the fast, armored Pinky, but you also have spectre abilities, so you can stalk your enemies from invisibility. You can also fire off a Bull Rush that lays waste to anything in your path.

Bloodfall is available now on PC, PS4, and Xbox One, and will set you back $14.99 if you don't own the Season Pass.

[gallery=6671]

Valkrex

Elder Dragon
Jan 6, 2013
Are we ever going to see any singleplayer expansions for DOOM? I'm not a huge fan of the multiplayer in DOOM 2016, but the singleplayer is amazing and I would love to see more of that without having to deal with snapmap.

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
I'm with Valkrex on this one, seems like developers make a game and then forget the best part of it in favor of multiplayer. I'm probably going to get Doom 4 anyway for Christmas but still, I would love to see some singleplayer DLC for it.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
again for the MP. and again it downloads the entire lot without my permission. and i havent bought the season pass. i dont get it why the MP gets so much attention when the beta was received poorly and even at its final stage its not even fun. the SP is great and i really like to see more content for it than MP.

MHR

Apr 3, 2010
Putting out updates for Doom multiplayer? Why? That's like improving Oreos by making the cookie part twice as thick. Nobody asked for it, and It's really missing the point of Doom.

I've played the multiplayer. It's ass. And I hear it's now riddled with hackers which can only have made it worse since. You can complain about making pinkie and grenades Pay-2-win, but the fact that they're charging 15 dollars for any Doom multiplayer DLC content is what's most perplexing.

immortalfrieza

Elite Member
Legacy
May 12, 2011
Country
USA
Xan Krieger said:
I'm with Valkrex on this one, seems like developers make a game and then forget the best part of it in favor of multiplayer. I'm probably going to get Doom 4 anyway for Christmas but still, I would love to see some singleplayer DLC for it.
They don't "forget" the best part of a game in favor of multiplayer, they focus almost entirely on multiplayer to the exclusion of singleplayer because developers came to the realization long ago that they can get a lot of people playing for a long period of time with no real effort by simply throwing in some crappy multiplayer. Then they can make even MORE money by charging people for what should be free content updates for that multiplayer.