Two Star Wars Game Bundles Are On Sale On Steam This Weekend

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Two Star Wars Game Bundles Are On Sale On Steam This Weekend

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1368/1368033.jpgIf you need a Star Wars fix after watching Rogue One, Steam's got a bunch of games on sale to fill that void.

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story debuts in theaters tonight. Once you've watched the newest Star Wars film, you'll probably have the desire to jump into the universe yourself. There are plenty of games that let you experience Star Wars, and Steam has two great bundles on sale this weekend.

The first is the Star Wars Collection [http://store.steampowered.com/sub/66986/]. It contains 14 games, and would normally run you $99.99. This weekend, you can grab this bundle for just $23. Here are the games it contains:

Star Wars - Dark Forces
Star Wars - Knights of the Old Republic
Star Wars - The Force Unleashed: Ultimate Sith Edition
Star Wars Battlefront 2
Star Wars Empire at War - Gold Pack
Star Wars Jedi Knight - Jedi Academy
Star Wars Jedi Knight - Mysteries of the Sith
Star Wars Jedi Knight 2 - Jedi Outcast
Star Wars Jedi Knight: Dark Forces 2
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 2- the Sith Lords
Star Wars Republic Commando
Star Wars Starfighter
Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Republic Heroes
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2

There's another bundle that offers up a different sort of Star Wars titles. The Star Wars Classics Collection [http://store.steampowered.com/sub/103220/] is normally $39.99, but you can get it this weekend for $16. It packs in these eight games:

Star Wars - X-wing Special Edition
Star Wars: TIE Fighter Special Edition
Star Wars - X-wing Alliance
Star Wars X-wing Vs Tie Fighter - Balance of Power Campaigns
Star Wars Rebellion
Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds Saga
Star Wars: Rebel Assault I + II
Star Wars: Rogue Squadron 3D

Both of these bundles are marked down until December 19,

Neverhoodian

Apr 2, 2008
Buy these games from GOG instead if you're interested in the older titles. Unlike Steam, GOG tries to make sure that old games are fully compatible with modern operating systems. If it can't be done they'll inform you about it on the store page. It may cost more, but it's worth the price to ignore the headache of resorting to tedious work-arounds.

Ukomba

Oct 14, 2010
Dark Forces would be the game to play with it's movie variant coming out. If only we could get a modern version of it and DF2.

Fox12

AccursedT- see you space cowboy
Jun 6, 2013
I just bought the first one, actually. I played quite a few of them when I was younger. Empire at War is still one of the greatest strategy games of all time. Fuck the Zann Consortium, though.

TelosSupreme

Dec 8, 2015
Neverhoodian said:
Buy these games from GOG instead if you're interested in the older titles. Unlike Steam, GOG tries to make sure that old games are fully compatible with modern operating systems. If it can't be done they'll inform you about it on the store page. It may cost more, but it's worth the price to ignore the headache of resorting to tedious work-arounds.
Yeah, whatever you guys do, if you can avoid it, ESPECIALLY don't get JKDF2 or MotS on Steam. They will absolutely not work on new computers. GOG's copies work, but I still recommend getting a genuine CD copy so mods are easier to play.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
how does Galactic Battleground work from Steam? I got it from GOG ages ago but if the game works and Multiplayer is up again ill gladly buy it again.

Reincarnatedwolfgod

Jan 17, 2011
when playing Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 2 make sure to download the restored content mod.

It is one of my favorite game of all time with the mod. Without the restored content mod it feels a buggy unfinished game that has some great moments but is filled with lots of untapped potential.