After Six Months on Consoles, the Resident Evil 7 Demo Finally Hits PC

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
After Six Months on Consoles, the Resident Evil 7 Demo Finally Hits PC

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1368/1368273.jpgWith just over a month to go until launch, you can finally try out Resident Evil 7 on your PC.

For the last six months, you could download and play the Resident Evil 7 demo, titled The Beginning Hour, on PS4 and Xbox One. Over that time, Capcom has patched the demo multiple times, adding new areas, changing up existing areas, and even adding a new end card. All of these changes must have gotten the demo to where Capcom wanted it, because it's now been made available on PC.

Over on NeoGAF [], Capcom's senior director of digital platforms, William Bacon, has revealed the full list of graphics options that PC players will have access to. You can see a screenshot of the options menu at the front of the gallery below. Here's the list of options included:

Screen Resolution: Up to 3860x2160
Refresh Rate: supports 144hz monitors including Nvidia G-Sync
Display Mode: Full screen, Windowed, or Borderless Window
Field of View
Frame Rate: 30, 60, or Variable (uncapped)
V-Sync: On or Off
Rendering Method: Normal or Interlaced
Resolution Scaling: 0.5X to 2.0X, 1.0X is 100%
Texture Quality: Very Low to Very High
Texture Filtering: Very Low to Very High
Mesh Quality: Low to Very High
Anti-Aliasing: FXAA, TAA, FXAA+TAA, or SMAA
Motion Blur: On or Off
Effects Rendering: Low, Medium, or High
Depth of Field: On or Off
Shadow Quality: Very Low to Very High
Dynamic Shadows: On or Off
Shadow Cache: On or Off
Ambient Occlusion: Off, SSAO (Variable), SSAO, or HBAO+ (Nvidia-specific)
Bloom Effect:On or Off
Lens Flare: On or Off
Volumetric Lighting Quality: Off, Low, or High
Reflections: On, Off, or Variable
Subsurface Scattering: On or Off
Chromatic Aberration: On or Off
Color Space: SRGB and BT.709

You can head over to right here [http://store.steampowered.com/app/530620/]. Resident Evil 7 is set to release on PC, PS4, and Xbox One on January 24, 2017.

[gallery=6675]

JUMBO PALACE

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 17, 2009
Country
USA
The menus and aesthetics remind me of Condemned from the 360. Still my favorite horror game. I might check this out. Could be fun on a cold, windy winter night.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
It's actually alright, there is the ability to get an axe and a handgun with limited ammo in there. And FYI, if you want the proper ending, you have to not get hit by a certain creature at a certain point, which is fairly tricky and something I have yet to pull off. Also there are apparently murders to solve involving obscure actions required from the player. But nothing as annoying as requiring a microphone P.T. style though. Very detailed environments too.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
nice. certainly will give it a try. just lately my connection has been very slow and having been battling with my provider for over a month now.