Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare's Sabotage DLC Release Date Announced

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare's Sabotage DLC Release Date Announced

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1368/1368843.jpg

New maps and a new Zombies adventure to release on PlayStation 4 first.

Activision announced today [https://blog.activision.com/t5/Call-of-Duty/Announcing-the-first-DLC-Map-Pack-for-Call-of-Duty-Infinite/ba-p/10117600] the first DLC pack for Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare, titled Sabotage.

The pack adds four new multiplayer maps - Noir, Renaissance, Neon, and Dominion - a "reimagining" of Modern Warfare 2's Afghan map. You can check out the full details, from the announcement, below:

Noir: Head to a grim future Brooklyn where a heavy curfew is in place. Navigate tight corners through abandoned city streets in this medium sized classic three-lane map.
Renaissance: Don't be distracted by the idyllic Venetian canals, this map is an intense urban combat zone funneling fast-paced gameplay through a small, split figure eight design.
Neon: Originally designed for future urban warfare simulation, this "Z" shaped map is a digitized battle arena featuring long sight-lines and flanking routes supporting any style of gameplay. Plus, your enemies will dissolve into hundreds of pixels when defeated.
Dominion: In this reimagining of the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 classic map 'Afghan,' ranged combat is focused from a variety of strategic vantage points to the center of this sprawling crash site

Additionally, the DLC brings Rave in the Redwoods, a new 90's-themed Zombies co-op expansion. All four playable characters from Zombies in Spaceland will return, only this time they'll be fighting off hordes of zombies at a lakeside campground/rave party in a "spooky adventure full of twists and turns, complete with a slasher enemy stalking your every move."

Sabotage will be releasing on PlayStation 4 first on January 31, with preorders starting on January 17. Xbox One and PC releases to follow.

Bindal

May 14, 2012
Not sure why anyone would care - the game is apparently as good as dead.
And Zombie players might get their fix this year by sticking with Treyarch, who announced new content for Zombies in 2017 (they refused to go in any more detail than that)

Borty The Bort

Jul 23, 2016
Yeah, it's called the Sabotage DLC because Activision sabotaged themselves. The joke sounded better in my head.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
Can you guys just release a full zombie game now? I mean seriously, that would probably sell pretty well, seeing as it's the most popular mode. Take a year off from doing war games (as Infinite Warfare has shown, I think it's time anyway) and just give us the zombie game we all want.

Bindal

May 14, 2012
Sniper Team 4 said:
Can you guys just release a full zombie game now? I mean seriously, that would probably sell pretty well, seeing as it's the most popular mode. Take a year off from doing war games (as Infinite Warfare has shown, I think it's time anyway) and just give us the zombie game we all want.
Don't expect that until it's Treyarchs turn, they are the Zombie guys. And they did experiment with a full zombie based campaign in Black Ops 3 already with Nightmares mode (same maps as normal campaign in a different order and a new standalone story, but most normal enemies were replaced by Zombies, Parasite and Insanity Elementals), so that might hint that Zombies are the potential focus of the next Treyarch game all the way through and not just of one mode.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
Bindal said:
Sniper Team 4 said:
Don't expect that until it's Treyarchs turn, they are the Zombie guys. And they did experiment with a full zombie based campaign in Black Ops 3 already with Nightmares mode (same maps as normal campaign in a different order and a new standalone story, but most normal enemies were replaced by Zombies, Parasite and Insanity Elementals), so that might hint that Zombies are the potential focus of the next Treyarch game all the way through and not just of one mode.
Ah, but Infinity Ward has their own zombie mode this time, and while I have yet to try it, it's seems pretty clear that they are going for the same off-the-wall crazy that Treyarch did. Which I am fine with.
And, as much as it kills me to say this, the Black Ops III zombie campaign was bad. Killing zombies might be the main part of the gameplay, but to me, the real star of the zombie mode was the writing. The crazy characters, the story that was told through tiny hidden details at first and later through massive Easter eggs. That's what I want them to make now. Give me a game with a story and characters that crazy, not a rehash of a campaign you already did.
But you are right, the simple fact that Treyarch did that may be a sign that what I'm hoping for may be coming soon.