Lindsay Lohan Wants a True Sequel to Mean Girls

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
Lindsay Lohan Wants a True Sequel to Mean Girls

<youtube=JXKGjErmzoI>

Would that be fetch?

2004's Mean Girls [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mean_Girls] is arguably the best high school movie of the 2000s, and as far as I'm concerned one of the most quotable movies ever. It's achieved a cult status - and wasn't exactly a slouch at the box office, either. So, it would make sense that, if the career of one of the actors involved didn't exactly take off like one might expect, she might be inclined to pitch a sequel.

Enter Mark Waters [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/lindsay+lohan] to respond and get the wheels in motion.

Lohan's film career has been largely stalled over the last half-decade, in large part due to many personal issues. So, it would make sense for her to want to return to what's probably her most memorable cinematic role.

Of course, there already is a Tim Meadows [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mean_Girls_2], who plays the principal - and isn't the type of thing one brings up in polite conversation. Or impolite conversation. I might be assassinated just for mentioning it.

Would an actual sequel be worthwhile? What could one even do? A high school reunion? We shall see if this latest talk goes anywhere.

[gallery=6741]

K12

Dec 28, 2012
Translation: Lindsay Lohan wants a job... and for the last 10 years or so to have never happened.

Igor-Rowan

Apr 12, 2016
Ah Lindsay, what happened? You used to be great when you played two characters on-screen the Parent Trap, and an adult person in Freaky Friday, but then you went to a Herbie movie, and later fell into The Scary Movie franchise

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
"2014 Mean Girls"...that should be 2004 Mean Girls.

But, eh, been this sort of talk on and off for years. Don't hold your breath.

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
Oh God, no. The original was lightning in a bottle. It was a perfect storm of things that went right.

A sequel would just be a desperate attempt to cash in on nostalgia. Not only is it years too late, but I doubt Tina Fey would be interested. Not only has she been pretty successful since then, but didn't she have a falling out with Lindsey? I see no reason for Tina Fey to bother with such a weak concept.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Wow...clicking through those screenshots reminded me of those days a long, long time ago when Lindsay was worth having a crush on.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
Samtemdo8 said:
Taylor Swift, Miley Cyrus, Lindsay Lohan, etc.
Taylor Swift is the one with a functioning brain and has made more money than Croesus.

Miley Cyrus is the one who may or may not be marrying Thor's little brother, not Loki but the Australian one from Midgard.

Linsay Lohan is the one who singlehandedly supported the GDP of Columbia and is now apparently preserved in wax as a stark warning to others.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
K12 said:
Translation: Lindsay Lohan wants a job... and for the last 10 years or so to have never happened.
Suing Rockstar isn't quite the paycheck she was hoping for.

OT; Given her working reputation, I won't be surprised if this thing fails to launch.

enginieri

Apr 1, 2015
fix-the-spade said:
Taylor Swift is the one with a functioning brain and has made more money than Croesus.

Miley Cyrus is the one who may or may not be marrying Thor's little brother, not Loki but the Australian one from Midgard.

Linsay Lohan is the one who singlehandedly supported the GDP of Columbia and is now apparently preserved in wax as a stark warning to others.
I read every sentence in an particular english voice with a starting "Some say ..." . Particularly fitting in the case of Linsay as I remember her in a white racing suit.

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
There was a time when I was really rooting for Lohan to turn things around. She was quite good in Mean Girls and The Parent Trap; it seemed that she had some talent. Perhaps she still does; I don't know.

But the stories that keep turning up are the ones about her being an absolute bear to work with, even at a point when it really should have become apparent that it was time to buckle down and do the work she was cast to do, and be grateful that she was still being given an opportunity to do it.

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
Lindsay shit the bed and then rolled in it in terms of her career. Can she bounce back? Well Robert Downey Jr. did but it took him a long time and a lot of stumbles along the way, and he had a better career start than her not to mention more talent IMO. For her sake, I hope she's gotten help and away from her mother, who seems to be a huge source of her issues.
I don't know if a sequel to Mean Girls does much for anyone else who was involved in it, unless its a perfect script/director/producer combination. I mean MacAdams is far beyond where she was back then, Seyfried hasn't gone as far as she could but still has done well and Chabert really wouldn't benefit either. But as I said, if it had the right combination, it could work. Just don't know where they could go with it though.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Imperioratorex Caprae said:
Lindsay shit the bed and then rolled in it in terms of her career. Can she bounce back? Well Robert Downey Jr. did but it took him a long time and a lot of stumbles along the way, and he had a better career start than her not to mention more talent IMO.
Ah, but look at Charlie Sheen. AFAIK, Lilo hasn't gone around punching or shooting her GFs or vandalizing stuff.

More recently, Lilo has been doing charity work, but nobody seems to care cause her old drug stuff is more exciting...she's unlikely to live it down anytime soon.

Zydrate

Apr 1, 2009
I never saw the first one all the way through, mostly just the first ~30 minutes and it wasn't really what I'd call the "best teen movie ever".
Though, none of them are. As I've aged I've found the whole "Adults are useless idiots" trope to be vaguely offensive :|

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Zydrate said:
I never saw the first one all the way through, mostly just the first ~30 minutes and it wasn't really what I'd call the "best teen movie ever".
Though, none of them are.
Eh, one of them has to be, wherever the bar is set.

Zydrate said:
As I've aged I've found the whole "Adults are useless idiots" trope to be vaguely offensive :|
Not to mention tired and unfunny. I don't remember too much of that in Mean Girls, or rather that they weren't singling out adults in particular.

Zydrate

Apr 1, 2009
Thaluikhain said:
Zydrate said:
As I've aged I've found the whole "Adults are useless idiots" trope to be vaguely offensive :|
Not to mention tired and unfunny. I don't remember too much of that in Mean Girls, or rather that they weren't singling out adults in particular.
I get why the genre exists, though. It's a power trip for teens when they have little to no power of their lives. For that reason, the whole "Young Adult" genre (Like the Hunger Games, Maze Runner, and high school movie garbage) has to exist to a degree.

I am just incapable of enjoying it anymore, too many "Why don't they just?!?!" moments.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Everyone deserves a chance to prove themselves beyond their mistakes. Mean girls did make a few good points that were refreshingly critical of teen behaviour. If a sequel with just enough heart was made, I believe there are enough possibilities for modern criticism of teen perceptions that would be healthy to acknowledge...Considering far too many adults still maintain such mentality.