World of Warcraft Gets a Cow Level to Celebrate Diablo's Anniversary

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
World of Warcraft Gets a Cow Level to Celebrate Diablo's Anniversary

To celebrate Diablo's 20th anniversary, Blizzard is adding a cow level to World of Warcraft.

Everyone knows that there's no cow level in Diablo, right? For years, rumors flew about a secret level that could be reached by clicking the cows outside of town. Blizzard did what Blizzard always does, and seized on the rumor to create a cow level in Diablo 2. Now that the 20th anniversary celebration for Diablo is on, Blizzard is celebrating by adding another cow level, but this time it's in World of Warcraft.

The new addition was first noticed over on the WoW subreddit. To get to the new level, all you need to do is find a Treasure Goblin outdoors in the Broken Isles, in any Legion dungeon, or in the Dalaran Sewers. If you can kill it before it finishes casting its Escape Portal, you'll open up a portal to the Secret Cow Level.

Here's WoWhead's video of the cow level:

Once you're inside, you'll be able to kill plenty of Diabolic Bovines and even take on The Cow King, who drops a special Twelve String Guitar toy and other goodies. You can only loot the King once per day, so you'll need to go back multiple times if you want everything.

If you want more info on the cow level, you can find it over at WoWhead.com [http://www.wowhead.com/news=258867/guide-to-the-diablo-20th-anniversary-celebration-in-warcraft]. The anniversary event runs through January 11.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Done it, and it was pathetically easy. Mostly because so many people gang up on the Cow King that it feels like no challenge at all.

I mean getting the Goblin was the bigger challenge.

And they wasted the Opportunity to Update the Cow Models in the game, they have looked like that since 2004, since Vanilla.

I mean they updated Sheep, Bears, Rabbits, and Rats for this expansion, why not the Cows?

Eclipse Dragon

Lusty Argonian Maid
Legacy
Jan 23, 2009
Country
United States
Samtemdo8 said:
How challenging are we talking here? Reasonable to find in a few hours?
I am no fan of the RNG gods and they don't much like me either.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Eclipse Dragon said:
Samtemdo8 said:
How challenging are we talking here? Reasonable to find in a few hours?
I am no fan of the RNG gods and they don't much like me either.
I take it back, it was not that challeneging, just make a pre made group of finding it in the Dalaran Sewers and you are set.

I joined one that had less than 30 people all working together finding it and killing it quickly. And EVERYONE is at Dalaran.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
I'd make a cow joke, but people have probably had enough of that bull, so I won't milk the event udderly.

Remus

Reprogrammed Spambot
Nov 24, 2012
Enough is ENOUGH! I've HAD it with these udderdrinkin cows in this udderdrinkin game!