New Sea of Thieves Co-op Trailer Explains How Players Work Together

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
New Sea of Thieves Co-op Trailer Explains How Players Work Together

The newest trailer for Sea of Thieves shows off the co-op side of Rare's upcoming pirate game.

Rare has been teasing bit and pieces of Sea of Thieves for a while now, sharing videos and other info from its sandbox pirate game. The latest update focuses on how players will need to work together to claim their pirate's booty.

"Every single mechanic has been built to be social," says lead designer Shelley Preston in the video below. She and fellow lead designer Andrew Preston explain that there were conscious design choices made to force cooperation, including putting the ship's map belowdecks, requiring one player to navigate and communicate with the player on the ship's wheel. Here's the full video:

If you're thinking of rounding up a crew and heading out to sea, you can sign up for the Insider's Programme [https://www.seaofthieves.com/insider], assuming you are over the age of 18 and have an Xbox Live account.

Sea of Thieves is expected to launch in the first half of 2017 on PC and Xbox One.

[gallery=6787]

The Enquirer

Apr 10, 2013
In theory it sounds awesome but if the internet has taught me anything it's that some people simply cannot work together. So hopefully they either have a good system to report assholes or they found a way around that.

American Fox

Le Best Tank
Aug 14, 2012
ffronw said:
Sea of Thieves is expected to launch in the first half of 20176
Holy shit.

It's gonna take millennia to figure out how to get people to work together in a video game.

TilMorrow

Diabolical Party Member
Jul 7, 2010
American Fox said:
ffronw said:
Holy shit.

It's gonna take millennia to figure out how to get people to work together in a video game.
That sounds about right. XD

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
American Fox said:
ffronw said:
Holy shit.

You're not wrong on that, but it could also be me fat-fingering the date. We'll see which it turns out to be.

Quellist

Migratory coconut
Oct 7, 2010
Getting the people is gonna be easy, getting everyone to agree what job to do...not so much

American Fox

Le Best Tank
Aug 14, 2012
ffronw said:
American Fox said:
ffronw said:
Holy shit.

You're not wrong on that, but it could also be me fat-fingering the date. We'll see which it turns out to be.
<3