Torment: Tides of Numenera Goes Gold, Celebrates with Interactive Quest Trailer

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Torment: Tides of Numenera Goes Gold, Celebrates with Interactive Quest Trailer

inXile Entertainment announced that Torment: Tides of Numenera has gone gold with a story trailer that lets you make the choices.

Torment: Tides of Numenera was funded on Kickstarter in about six hours way back in 2013. After the crowdfunding campaign was so successful (over $4 million), the scope of the project expanded, and the initial planned release date of December 2014 was pushed back to February of 2017. As that date draws near, inXile has announced that the game has gone gold, and to celebrate, they've released a brand new trailer that les you play through one of the game's side quests.

The "Interactive Quest Video" features a side quest from the game, and lets you make the decisions to see how it plays out. Characters will remember the decisions you make, and you'll see the effects of those choices later in the game. You can replay the trailer to see all the different endings. Note: if you're on mobile, the choices may not function properly.

Torment: Tides of Numenera is launching February 28 on PC, PS4, and Xbox One.

[gallery=6794]

enginieri

Apr 1, 2015
Planescape: Torment is one of the best written games in the history of computer games (#1 for me) , if Tides of Numenera is half that good...

Mister K

This is our story.
Apr 25, 2011
enginieri said:
Planescape: Torment is one of the best written games in the history of computer games (#1 for me) , if Tides of Numenera is half that good...
True, true. It is still one of my favourite WRPG's and I can't wait to get my hands on this one. Though while I want to play a peaceful/diplomatic character, I do wish that the combat in Numenera is way better than in PST. Please don't fail me, first game I've ever funded.

The most important for me now though is which class is more suited for dialogue-heavy playthrough: mage or jack-of-all-trades?

StatusNil

Oct 5, 2014
ima420r said:
How does a game not yet released go gold? What a strange world we live in.
In the context of video games, "going gold" means producing a master copy of the game in the form it's going to be released in. Any further changes are going to be in the form of post-release patches. So it's not the same as a musical record selling X amount of copies to qualify for a "gold disc".

DoPo

"You're not cleared for that."
Jan 30, 2012
ima420r said:
How does a game not yet released go gold? What a strange world we live in.
As explained, "going gold" is basically the software industry lingo for "it's going to be released". It's the final confirmation of it, because you can announce the release and then move it because you realise, there is more things to be done. Once you've finished everything, you still need to go through few steps - for games, you need to send the game to be certified, to (maybe) start producing disc copies, etc, etc, while a different software product may need other stuff, like digital signature. At any rate, this is the stage when a release goes gold - when there is no further development work, so it can be delivered, but there are some tasks to be done before delivery. In video games this happens roughly a month before the release.