New Ark: Survival Evolved Mod Lets You Hunt Down Your Favorite Pokemon

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
New Ark: Survival Evolved Mod Lets You Hunt Down Your Favorite Pokemon

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1375/1375088.jpgNow you can hunt down your favorite Pokemon, or at least you can until the inevitable cease and desist arrives.

If you've played any Ark: Survival Evolved, you know that it involves staying alive while hunting down and killing or taming dinosaurs. But what if you were hunting down something more fantastical. For instance, you could be hunting down your favorite Pokemon.

That's the premise of a new mod titled Pokemon Evolved. It's a total conversion of Ark that replaces the dinosaurs with Pokemon. You can hunt them down, and every kill earns credits. You can then spend those credits on weapons, consumable, and spawnable Pokemon. Of course, you can also tame the Pokemon you encounter. Resource gathering has been removed as well, so you just spend your time chasing down Pokemon.

There's a list of available Pokemon over on the mod's Steam Community post [http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=839857207].

Of course, you can't see a mod like this without also seeing the almost inevitable cease and desist coming down the road. We saw what happened to Pokemon: Uranium [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/168862-The-Game-Awards-Drops-Pokemon-Uranium-AM2R] last year, and it would be a surprise if this mod survives long enough to make it to a full release (it's currently in alpha).

If you're interested in checking it out, you can subscribe to it over on the Steam Workshop [http://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/workshop/].

[gallery=6810]

Daymo

And how much is this Pub Club?
May 18, 2008
Man Nintendo fans come up with some great mods and games, even knowing it will be smacked down within a couple of days. I still can't believe I managed to discover Another Metroid 2 Remake with a week left on it's development and download it within the few days it took to receive a cease and desist letter.

My friends just started playing ARK and this would be enough to push me to play if I knew it would stick around, I would be more than happy to pay extra for it.

Janaschi

Scion of Delphi
Aug 21, 2012
Daymo said:
Man Nintendo fans come up with some great mods and games, even knowing it will be smacked down within a couple of days. I still can't believe I managed to discover Another Metroid 2 Remake with a week left on it's development and download it within the few days it took to receive a cease and desist letter.

My friends just started playing ARK and this would be enough to push me to play if I knew it would stick around, I would be more than happy to pay extra for it.
I honestly doubt that anything will happen - there is a huge difference between full-fledged games that utilizes existing game assets from an already owned I.P., and creating a simple mod that uses just a few assets.

And simple Pokemon mods have existed for a long time without issue, such as for games like Minecraft.

xxobot

Jun 2, 2014
Janaschi said:
Daymo said:
I honestly doubt that anything will happen - there is a huge difference between full-fledged games that utilizes existing game assets from an already owned I.P., and creating a simple mod that uses just a few assets.

And simple Pokemon mods have existed for a long time without issue, such as for games like Minecraft.
Popularity/Media attention also plays a huge role; You can bet Pokemon Minecraft mods would get targeted if they got popular enough.