EA Won't Have a Booth at E3 Again This Year

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
EA Won't Have a Booth at E3 Again This Year

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1375/1375888.jpgEA won't have a booth at E3 2017, but it will hold its EA Play event in a new location right before E3 opens.

Last year, EA decided to forego having a booth at E3, and instead hosted an off-site event called EA Play [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/166137-EA-to-Skip-E3-Booth-in-Favor-of-Its-Own-Events]. Scheduled for the three days preceding E3, it was held just around the corner at Club Nokia. For E3 2017, EA is again planning to pass on the main show and hold its own event.

This year's installment is still titled EA Play, but instead of Club Nokia, it will take place at the Hollywood Palladium, roughly seven miles from the Los Angeles Convention Center, from June 10 - 12. The official description of the event reads,

"Those that can attend in Hollywood will experience hands-on gameplay, live entertainment and much more. For anyone joining digitally around the world, EA PLAY will feature livestreams, deeper looks into EA's upcoming games and experiences, and content from some of the best creators in the community. For players, content creators, media, industry partners and more, EA PLAY 2017 will deliver a network of experiences to celebrate a world of play."

As with last year's event, you can attend if you're in Hollywood, or you can watch from home. If you're interested in being notified when more information becomes available, you can sign up for email updates over on the EA Play website [https://www.ea.com/eaplay2017].

Dornedas

Oct 9, 2014
Silentpony said:
Good. One less booth of lies and spiders.
Here's hoping E3 goes the way of the dodo soon enough.
I dunno it seems like all they did was move their spiders to some other place.
I for one prefer to have all my spiders in one place. Makes it easier to avoid them.

Borty The Bort

Jul 23, 2016
Dornedas said:
Silentpony said:
Good. One less booth of lies and spiders.
Here's hoping E3 goes the way of the dodo soon enough.
I dunno it seems like all they did was move their spiders to some other place.
I for one prefer to have all my spiders in one place. Makes it easier to avoid them.
Ditto. I don't like opening the pantry for spiders and clearing them, but then finding a tarantula in the toilet when all means of getting rid of spiders have already been used.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
I'm more and more amazed that E3 is still a "thing" than I am that companies are planning their own events around it at this point.

Also, for some inexplicable reason I'm afraid to go into my bathroom now.

TheScorpion

Feb 24, 2016
Good, because that conference always felt like a waste of time for me.

Then again, I stopped caring for EA for the most part after they killed Skate and Mirror's Edge.

Bedinsis

Elite Member
Legacy
Escapist +
May 29, 2014
Country
Sweden
From this I think we can gather that EA compared the reception they got last year when not attending E3 with the reception they got when attending E3 and came to the conclusion that it isn't worth the effort.

I don't follow E3 or anything, just making do with whatever highlights I can gather afterwards, but I am curious if EA has picked up another one of those EA originals they announced last year. Or if we'll get to see more of Fe, which we really should by now.

Nov 28, 2007
TheScorpion said:

Then again, I stopped caring for EA for the most part after they killed Skate and Mirror's Edge.
Didn't they just release a Mirror's Edge game last year?

TheScorpion

Feb 24, 2016
thebobmaster said:
TheScorpion said:

Didn't they just release a Mirror's Edge game last year?
Yeah, and how'd that turn out?