Rock Band VR Release Date Announced

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
Rock Band VR Release Date Announced

Rock Band VR arrives this March.

If you're excited about playing Rock Band in virtual reality, you won't have to wait much longer. Developer Harmonix has announced that Rock Band VR, coming to the Oculus Rift, will be releasing March 23.

[tweet t=https://twitter.com/RockBand/status/828649484447997952]

Pre-orders are currently available through Amazon [https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MZH6NIA?&_encoding=UTF8&tag=h02a1-20&linkCode=ur2&linkId=4299ed807b3d5938ffff8cc893dcec8e&camp=1789&creative=9325], and will ship with a controller and digital version of the game for $69.99. The controller is also compatible with either Xbox One or PlayStation 4 (depending on what you select) with Rock Band 4. VR compatibility is limited to the PC and Rift.

You'll also need Oculus Touch controllers, which are sold separately for $199 [https://www.amazon.com/Oculus-Touch/dp/B01BHMS88A/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1486418925&sr=1-1&keywords=oculus+touch]. Included in the Oculus Touch box is a Rock Band VR connector, which attaches to the guitar controller.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
If you really want to pretend to live the life of a rock god, just drink some cheap bourbon before playing this game. Skip the VR.

sXeth

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 15, 2012
SlumlordThanatos said:
Are DLC songs still $2 each?

Yes?

I'll pass, then.
They're up to 3 now actually. And not nearly as diverse as they used to be. Even aside from the semi-maligned recent trend into Pop Packs, the rock stuff is prettymuch just standard radio fare with little or none of the occasional quirky selections they used to have.

I think they've pulled a few backwards packs now too. Where they release one song (twentyonepilots 'Stressed Out' for instance), then months/weeks later release two other songs in a pack with it. So if you bought the first song, you miss out on the pack discount.

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
As much affection as I have for the genre, the first thing that comes to mind is: "One more @$#%ing plastic guitar? Really, guys?..."

Dornedas

Oct 9, 2014
008Zulu said:
If you really want to pretend to live the life of a rock god, just drink some cheap bourbon before playing this game. Skip the VR.
But this doesn't let you pretend to live the life of a rock god.
Surely the life of a rock god comes with standing in front of a large crowd of people with no pants on.
Sure the no pants thing is pretty easy, but you can't really emulate the large crowd of people or groupies throwing bras at the stage.
Since you would STILL need to glue your eyes to a Simon says game.
And what good is the life of a rock star without groupie boobs?

Elijin

Elite Muppet
Legacy
Feb 15, 2009
How does a rhythm game translate to VR? I cant imagine anything less immersive than the scrolling bars of button prompts. And isn't the point of VR to be immersive? I definitely get the playing to a crowd from the stage being pretty great in VR, I just cant see how they push forward without completely scrapping the gameplay and building something new.