South Park: The Fractured But Whole Delayed Yet Again

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
South Park: The Fractured But Whole Delayed Yet Again

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1381/1381174.jpgUbisoft has pushed back South Park: The Fractured But Whole again, moving its launch date into the next fiscal year.

If you can't wait for South Park: The Fractured But Whole, there's disappointing news from Ubisoft today. During its earnings report today, Ubisoft pushed the upcoming game back into its next fiscal year (2017-18). That means that the earliest we'll see the game in stores will be April 1. The game was previously delayed from its original December 2016 back in September [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/168418-South-Park-The-Fractured-But-Whole-Delayed-into-Next-Year].

Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot said in the call that the reason for the delay is that Ubisoft is collaborating with another company on development, which has slowed down the process.

Ubisoft's fiscal year runs from April 1 to March 31, so the newest South Park game could be anywhere from two months to over a year away. While it would be nice to see it launch in April, you'd expect Ubi to be more forthcoming on a date if it was that close to being ready.

[gallery=6918]

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
Oh Ubisoft. If you delay it to the end of your fiscal year, that's gonna be sad.

Zulnam

Feb 22, 2010
Well as long as it's good. I trust Ubisoft as far as i can throw'em but Matt and Trey seem to care about their IP.

Amaror

Apr 15, 2011
Maybe you should have just let Obsidian do the sequel as well, eh Ubisoft?

TheScorpion

Feb 24, 2016
Like Zulnam said, as long as it as good as the original was(or even better) then I'll say its fine.

But at least I won't be debating about whether or not to get this or Persona 5 now. Then again, Yooka-Laylee is also coming a week after P5 so there's that.

Xerosch

Apr 19, 2008
Zulnam said:
Well as long as it's good. I trust Ubisoft as far as i can throw'em but Matt and Trey seem to care about their IP.
Exactly my thoughts. I was completely surprised by the quality of 'Stick of Truth', because we all know how licensed games usually turn out. SoT is a very welcome exception to the rule (as is Chronicles of Riddick), but I also think that that's not Ubisoft's doing. They'd shit out the game as soon as they have a kind of stable build, but I guess Trey & Parker made some well deserved additions to their contract.

immortalfrieza

Elite Member
Legacy
May 12, 2011
Country
USA
This is starting to get ridiculous, no matter how good this game ends up being. "I'd rather it be made slow and be good than fast and be crappy" loses it's weight as justification when a game just keeps getting held back over and over. This is yet another example of a game that like every game should never have even been announced before it had gone gold. This kind of thing is symptomatic of the severe lack of obligation game developers and publishers have to actually deliver in any manner when they announce a game, being accurate about the release date is the least of it.

Sheo_Dagana

Aug 12, 2009
The Stick of Truth was such an incredible, out-of-left-field title that I'm okay with waiting however long it takes. That game was delayed multiple times. I'd rather have a quality game than have another FFXV on my hands.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
certainly sad but as some have stated: better have a good game then something half finished thats needs a day 1 patch.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
immortalfrieza said:
This is starting to get ridiculous, no matter how good this game ends up being. "I'd rather it be made slow and be good than fast and be crappy" loses it's weight as justification when a game just keeps getting held back over and over. This is yet another example of a game that like every game should never have even been announced before it had gone gold. This kind of thing is symptomatic of the severe lack of obligation game developers and publishers have to actually deliver in any manner when they announce a game, being accurate about the release date is the least of it.
Gaming Brit was right; lot's of developers or publishers lately (mainly the Japanese) love announcing games way to early and then delaying them for 2.5+ years. Insomniacs says coming soon in late 2017 for the new Spider-Man game only to say "sorry were pushing it back to some further unspecified date" screams why even bother. They should have just said date was To Be Announced. I remember people per-ordering a PS3 just for KH3 back before the console launched. It's sad they never got it then, and even more pathetic the Square loves announcing games than making them.

<spoiler=Games Announced Too Early>
On second thought, forget that To Be Announced suggestion, because Square screwed that up too. KH III was announced back in 2013, with still no release date in sight. The announcements for the date was supposed to come out this winter, and yet they have nothing to show.

<spoiler=Square's Incompetents At Announcing a Game>