Dead Rising 4 not Windows 10 Exclusive, Coming to Steam

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Dead Rising 4 not Windows 10 Exclusive, Coming to Steam

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1330/1330181.jpg
Originally a Windows 10 exclusive title, Dead Rising 4 is coming to Steam this March.

Dead Rising 4 launched in December last year for Xbox One and curiously, Windows 10. But for fans who haven't upgraded to Windows 10, or feel opposed to Microsoft's UWP apps, the game was out of reach. Now, Capcom has announced that Dead Rising 4 is coming to Steam, giving PC gamers more choice.

The Steam port will come roughly four months after its December 2016 launch, hitting Steam on March 14, 2017. If you pre-order now you'll get it for 20% off, and the price will revert back to its full retail price after launch. Back when the Windows 10 version launched, Microsoft stated that the game "will remain a Windows 10 exclusive for the first 90 days," so opening up its release for other platforms is in line with that promise.

Unlike the Windows 10 version, however, purchasing Dead Rising 4 will not grant you a free copy on Xbox One like "Play Anywhere" titles.

If you're a PS4 gamer, you'll have to wait a little bit longer, as the "Xbox One console exclusivity deal" will last a full year, expiring this December.

Feb 7, 2016
You mean that game that took away literally almost everything that made Dead Rising interesting, fun and even unique, such as the psychopaths, time limit, cooperative campaign, inventory managment, and skimped on just about every small detail such as what is and isn't able to be picked up as a weapon, and just flattened the game into another bland open world zombie sandbox?

No thanks. Dead Rising being Dead Rising was the only reason I ever bothered.

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
DeliveryGodNoah said:
time limit
Are you kidding me?

DeliveryGodNoah said:
inventory managment
Because that's what I wanna do when I get home. Work with spreadsheets.

Look, I never plated DR4 but some of your complaints sound downright silly.

Feb 7, 2016
Arnoxthe1 said:
DeliveryGodNoah said:
time limit
Are you kidding me?

DeliveryGodNoah said:
inventory managment
Because that's what I wanna do when I get home. Work with spreadsheets.

Look, I never plated DR4 but some of your complaints sound downright silly.
If you don't want a time limit, you literally have your pick from DOZENS of other open world zombie games. And the "time limit" was hardly unmanagable. As was the inventory. Perhaps I mistated what I meant, but I was speaking about the limitation of the inventory. In DR4, they give you food items free of inventory space, removing even more challenge.

I don't see what was so wrong with keeping that experience, and then giving the "sandbox" mode to those that just wanted an excuse to screw around endlessly like Dead Rising 2 offered.

senaji

Sep 28, 2014
It's less subtle, it's a good game of zombies, but a bad Dead Rising, the game goes even more in the delirium, it's all and anything and loses a lot of savour.