Game of Thrones Season 7 Premiere Date Revealed

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Game of Thrones Season 7 Premiere Date Revealed

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/927/927445.jpg
HBO has revealed the premiere date of the penultimate season of Game of Thrones.

Via a Season 8 [https://www.facebook.com/GameOfThrones/?fref=nf] to follow and tie things up in 2018.

The Facebook Live event had users type "Fire" in the comments in order to melt a block of ice containing the premiere date - a reference to the show's original book series title: A Song of Ice and Fire.

When we learned that season 7 [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/167963-Game-of-Thrones-Season-7-Debuts-in-Summer-2017] would debut this summer, HBO revealed that it would be a shorter season than before, with only seven episodes.

If you can remember back to season 6, it ended on a rather... explosive note. While we can make a guess at what will happen in season 7, we can't know for sure anymore, as the series officially passed the books back in season 5.

While the show will end with season 8, it doesn't necessarily mean the end of Game of Thrones, as HBO has discussed the possibility of spin-offs in the future.

Now if only George R.R. Martin can actually finish writing the damn books...

IceForce

Is this memes?
Legacy
Dec 11, 2012
Steven Bogos said:
I don't watch the show and I don't read the books, but how do they plan on ending the show next year if the books aren't even finished? How does that work?

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
IceForce said:
Steven Bogos said:
I don't watch the show and I don't read the books, but how do they plan on ending the show next year if the books aren't even finished? How does that work?
The show has gone "off script" so to say, and the writers are making up their own story.

Zydrate

Apr 1, 2009
I mean. Are they gonna pick it back up as books come out? I'm okay with spinoffs though.

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
IceForce said:
Steven Bogos said:
Apparently the showrunners know the key plot points. For instance, a longtime, rather crucial theory that fans had from the books was actually confirmed on the show.

Apr 17, 2009
RiseOfTheWhiteWolf said:
Ezekiel said:
RiseOfTheWhiteWolf said:
Wait, only 7 episodes?

???

Thats a bit confusing. They struggled with showing all vital plot points and fleshing out characters beforehand, how on earth are they hoping to do it with 7? Although I suppose all the vital plot points (which made sense) and fleshed out characters came from the books anyway, and they've overtaken them, so there you go - we're cutting out any remaining substance and replacing it with da bad pussi. Since a sandsnakes pussi cannot be infinitely bad, there are less episodes. Lovely.

Really its good news - it means I'll only have to resist the urge to kill myself 7 times this year instead of the usual 10.
No, the next season is seven episodes and then the season after that concludes it, kind of like how they split the final season of The Sopranos into Parts 1 and 2.
Like this: Season 7, 7 episodes - season 7p2, 7 episodes - season 8, ? episodes (end)
Or this: Season 7, 7 episodes - season 8, ? episodes (end)?

If its the second thats what I assumed it would be. If its the first - fuck my life, and fuck me for being such a masochistic bastard and watching all the episodes anyway.
Its the second. Season 7 will be 7 episodes, then we'll get Season 8 which will be another 7 episodes

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
I bet Cersi will commit suicide once she finds out that Daeny has landed with her 100,000 Dothraki, and 3 dragons.

bartholen_v1legacy

A dyslexic man walks into a bra.
Jan 24, 2009
It's a bit surprising the season premieres so much later than the previous ones, especially when it's a shorter one. Hopefully this will be for a good reason. I enjoyed season 6 vastly more than 4 and 5, since the show going full retard increased the entertainment value massively, instead of slogging through plot points to ensure characters were in the right places at the right times. I'll bet Cersei and Jaime's relationship will echo the Mad King and how he ended up, considering she's now queen, and has basically lost everything. Daenerys showing up at the shores won't help that much.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
bartholen said:
It's a bit surprising the season premieres so much later than the previous ones
All those big CGI sequences take a lot of time to render. Seems like this last season is going to have some very big ones.

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
IceForce said:
Steven Bogos said:
They're pulling a Full Metal Alchemist and winging it. I think they're gonna do the same with Berserk as well.

Remus

Reprogrammed Spambot
Nov 24, 2012
bartholen said:
It's a bit surprising the season premieres so much later than the previous ones, especially when it's a shorter one. Hopefully this will be for a good reason. I enjoyed season 6 vastly more than 4 and 5, since the show going full retard increased the entertainment value massively, instead of slogging through plot points to ensure characters were in the right places at the right times. I'll bet Cersei and Jaime's relationship will echo the Mad King and how he ended up, considering she's now queen, and has basically lost everything. Daenerys showing up at the shores won't help that much.
Simply a scheduling issue. See, seasons 7 and 8 are in winter. So the show has to be filmed during the winter.

madwarper

Mar 17, 2011
IceForce said:
but how do they plan on ending the show next year if the books aren't even finished? How does that work?
Have you seen Fullmetal Alchemist? Have you read the manga (or watched Brotherhood)?

That's how it works.

Laughing Man

Oct 10, 2008
I mean. Are they gonna pick it back up as books come out? I'm okay with spinoffs though.
The show writers have been given a road map of key points and the final destination for the whole thing, so in theory the books and TV show should end up roughly in the same place with them hitting the key tourist sites in route but while the book is more likely to take the more wandering and scenic route the show is going their directly via lots of bewbs county.

As for how it ends, well yeah we all know John Snow's story that one has been kicking around for quite some time now but I called it last year that Jamie would end up having to kill his sister. Cersei has finally gotten hold of power and has literally lost everything to get there, their is nothing that is going to make her give it up and she is just about batshit mad about keeping power that she would end up blowing King's Landing up to stop Danny.

While I loved the back story to Hodor, it was fucking great and really sad, if the show seriously uses some bullshit self fulfilling time travel bullshit rubbish to resolve a key plot point I am going take my boxsets remove the discs lay them out on the road and fucking drive over them, eight or nine hundred times.