The Final Fantasy XIV Free Trial is No Longer Time Limited

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
The Final Fantasy XIV Free Trial is No Longer Time Limited

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1392/1392154.jpgYou can now try out Final Fantasy XIV without worrying about a time limit ending your gameplay.

Since its launch in 2013, Final Fantasy XIV has offered up a free trial for anyone who wants to try it out. It was limited to 14 days, among other restrictions, but as of today, that time limit has been removed.

In its place, Square Enix is implementing a level cap of 35. That means you'll be able to to try out everything the game has to offer (including Chocobo Racing) at your own pace, all the way up to level 35. There are still a few restrictions, including currency caps and chat restrictions, of course. Square's press release says that, "even the expired accounts will be brought back to life, allowing players to continue their previous adventures. If you tried the free trial before but time flew by too fast, you can come back and pick up exactly where you left off with the same character!"

If you ever wanted to try out Final Fantasy XIV, but didn't want to mess around with the time limit on the trial, that excuse is gone now. You can find the PlayStation trial client official website [https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/addons/final-fantasy-xiv-a-realm-reborn-free-trial/cid=UP0082-CUSA00288_00-C000060000000000?smcid=pssocial:blog:game:ffxiv_freetrial:3_28_17].

[gallery=7105]

AzrealMaximillion

Jan 20, 2010
Good. This is a great game, but it's nice to see a demo that goes into a good chunk of the game for those who don't know if they want to invest the time or money.

Kajin

This Title Will Be Gone Soon
Apr 13, 2008
FF14 is a great game and probably the best final fantasy game to be released in years. Go play the free trial if you were ever a fan of FF at any point, ever.

MatthewTheDark

The Meme Machine
Jun 13, 2014
I must say that this game is a rather great game to get into if you've got a slight interest in it. Its a bit of a slow start, but its a game that becomes pretty fun after some time. It honestly made me a believer when it came to the whole subscription thing and its limit of 35 levels will definitely take you far enough into the story to see what it can offer you before you jump too far in.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
I might actually take advantage of this. I hate sub MMOs, but have wanted to try this, and honestly, I may just end up not caring by level 35 anyways and run back to ESO (which I have been super obsessed with over this last week...)

Jan 27, 2011
This is neat.

I won't take advantage of it though. MMOs rarely ever grab me. And I have no interest whatsoever in paying a subscription fee to keep playing a game.

That and I DO have to get back into Elite Dangerous at some point and/or bet back to PSO2, where I joined a player guild but never really did anything in it because school suddenly became insane.

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
Cool.

Once the game decides to drop the monthly subscription, I'll drop in on it.

(Given the fact that XI still has a subscription fee, I'm not holding my breath. I do really want to play it, though.)

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
I remember the old trial had a very intimidating, busy and confusing UI/menu that made me weep just in the intro market area. I don't think I ever got out to test a battle in the end. An accidental button press or two could lead to multiple overlays telling me stuff I wasn't supposed to understand but couldn't help trying. Nevertheless, perhaps a more sober determined mind can overcome this with the help of a spreadsheet and a few coffees.

Sheo_Dagana

Aug 12, 2009
I really wish I had the time to invest in an MMORPG again, because I loved this game. Its flexible, its fun, and in general is a great celebration of the franchise. I may not have the time to play it now, but I hope this trial bolsters the community and that the game continues to do well.