New Prey Trailer Offers a Look at the Game's Weapons and Power Combos

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
New Prey Trailer Offers a Look at the Game's Weapons and Power Combos

See just what sort of kit you'll have at your disposal to face down Prey's aliens in this new trailer.

We've already seen the aliens that we'll need to face down [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/169810-Prey-Typhon-Research-Trailer] in Prey, but now Arkane is showing us what sort of weapons and tools we'll have at our disposal in the upcoming sci-fi action game. As Morgan Yu, you'll learn how to combine your gear with your abilities to take out the Typhon invasion.

You'll have 24 human upgrades and 20 alien powers to acquire, and your combination will be your own. The human upgrades include things like Hacking, Leverage, Repair, and Gunsmith, and there are three trees of alien (Typhon) powers. Installing these alien powers can have some risk, as the station's defenses will start to view you as hostile. You can find a full list of the game's Typhon powers over at Bethesda.net [https://bethesda.net/en/article/1wf37WAY6Em66S6aaSsC8g/prey-powers-guide-and-video]

Arkane plans to release additional videos showing off your weapons and powers later this week. Prey is coming to PC, PS4, and Xbox One on May 5, 2017.

Zulnam

Feb 22, 2010
I hope they don't screw it up with a buggy release or some other crap. The new Prey actually looks interesting.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
The more that comes out the more Prey looks like a sort of System Shock-ish game than the original Prey's pure FPS gameplay. It's certainly interesting, please oh please don't muck it up.

MeatMachine

Dr. Stan Gray
May 31, 2011
I've heard little about the new Prey game, and largely dismissed it as another overhyped shooter that will find a reason to fail catastrophically to live up to its own inflated expectation.

Watching a Recycler Grenade condense an enemy inside a black hole, and then spit out the organic matter as (what appears to be) health and ammo... THAT excites me.

Jan 27, 2011
Oooooh! This looks nifty!

Assuming my lappy can run it (unlikely) and that I get some income again, I might pick this up. It looks VERY nifty.

distortedreality

May 2, 2011
Alien perks making the base defences see you as hostile sounds like a great idea. This game had been off my radar, but the more I hear about it, the more it sounds like it could actually be kinda cool.