Here's the First Teaser for Destiny 2

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
Here's the First Teaser for Destiny 2

Full reveal coming tomorrow.

Activision and Bungie have released the first official teaser video for upcoming Destiny 2.

As you can see, there's no gameplay or other information, but that's ok - all of that is expected tomorrow, Thursday, March 30, at 10 a.m. PT. That being said, the PlayStation 4 version of the teaser [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNHaheqB1-w] comes with a little extra - PS4 players will have access to timed-exclusive content "until at least Fall 2018."

Destiny 2, although only officially announced [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/169908-Bungie-Officially-Announces-Destiny-2] earlier this week, has been discussed for months. Activision's investor call in February revealed a "full Destiny sequel in 2017 to broaden the franchise's global reach, which along with follow-on content plans, sets the stage for growth," while a leaked poster showed a release date of September 8. The fine print on that suggested an exclusive beta for PS4 players.

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
Okay. That was actually great. It has character and personality. Which was really something the original could have used more of. Consider me officially teased.

SlumlordThanatos

Lord Inquisitor
Aug 25, 2014
No matter what happened to the Tower, I'm sure Cayde is happy to finally be back in the field again.

Here's hoping that Bungie can deliver on all of the unfulfilled potential that the first Destiny had but never quite realized. This trailer was interesting and actually had appropriate music (remember the live-action trailer and the Taken King trailer? I love me some Led Zeppelin, but those should've won awards for "Most Inappropriate Music"), so color me very, very interested. I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this one.

MCerberus

Jun 26, 2013
Destiny 2: Sorry
Destiny 2: We promise the whole thing will be like TTK
Destiny 2: Nolan North is your robot slave WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT (other than variety)

TheRundownRabbit

Wicked Prolapse
Aug 27, 2009
Look Bungie, its gonna take some flowers, chocolates, and a blowjob while Marvin Gaye plays in the background to bring me back.

But this...this is a good start.

bastardofmelbourne

Dec 11, 2012
What the fuck is Cayde drinking there? He's a robot. Or a...full-body cyborg, or something. Destiny is weird.

I'm consistently conflicted about Destiny. On the one hand, it's great and I love it. On the other hand, it's terrible and I hate it. You go from "WOW I AM HAVING SO MUCH FUN" to "Holy shit, do they think...do they really think that's how people talk? Do they think that qualifies as a sentence? That was just random words slapped together. What the fuck is going on?"

It's funny because I was actually thinking to myself in the shower "What're they going to do in Destiny 2?" and I was like "well, they haven't focussed on the Cabal a lot yet, and there's that Mars zone that got pushed out of TTK, so I figure Cabal will be there." And then I was like, "Wait, if they're shifting to a new engine, that means they're basically rebuilding the game from scratch. Which means they've got no reason to keep the Tower around."

And then I was like, "Wow, wouldn't it be cool if the Cabal just decided they'd had enough of this shit and sent like a billion dudes to hit Earth directly and blow the shit out of the Tower? No fancy nanotech zombies or immortal god-kings; just a billion dudes with rocket launchers, coming and coming and coming. Like, the Cabal Emperor gets a note saying 'sorry buddy, your whole legion you sent to that Mars place got wiped out by zombie-angels, sorry guy' and he just goes 'WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT YOU'RE SAYING' and hits a big red button that says 'ALL OF THE MEN' and mobilises like a million times as many dudes as he sent originally so that he can beat the Guardians at the one thing they have minimal experience with - conventional warfare?"

So, yeah, it looks like Bungie was thinking the same thing. Nice.