Cooperative "Experiences" Coming to Pokemon Go

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
Cooperative "Experiences" Coming to Pokemon Go

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1386/1386109.jpg

Social gameplay "experiences" coming to the mobile Pokemon title soon, according to Niantic.

In a blog post today [https://nianticlabs.com/blog/thankyou040717/], Niantic detailed some of the awards mobile title Pokemon Go has received, and added a little tease of things to come - cooperative gameplay "experiences."

"We continue to be inspired by the passion of the 65+ million people from around the world playing Pokemon GO each month. We're still at the beginning of the journey and there's a lot more to come," Niantic wrote in the blog post. "With spring arriving in the northern hemisphere, players can look forward to all new cooperative social gameplay experiences in Pokemon GO that will give Trainers new and exciting reasons to get back into the sunshine."

A trading system [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/169691-Pokemon-GO-Trading-Local-Not-Online] appears to be in the works, with senior product manager Tatsuo Nomura recently saying that "[Trading] won't be through the internet. You shouldn't be able to exchange your Pokemon with someone who is 100 miles away from you. ... The person needs to be in your proximity."

"We don't want to just have that be an online game that you can just exchange virtually."

NeutralDrow

Mar 23, 2009
Pretty much the only time I play Pokemon Go is with my girlfriend when we're out walking, so...yeah, this sounds fantastic. And maybe it means I won't have to grab a random majikarp and walk a few thousand miles with it before I can get gyrados.

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
I still pop on when I go for a long walk through town, will be interesting to see what an adrenaline shot to the life support machine will do to this, summer is approaching and with it, prime outdoor time.