Blizzard Lists Nendoroid Mei for Pre-Order

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Blizzard Lists Nendoroid Mei for Pre-Order

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1396/1396668.jpgIf you're a fan of Overwatch's Mei, you can now pre-order her Nendoroid figure.

Collectors of Overwatch paraphernalia, your wallets are in danger again. Blizzard has posted the Nendoroid Mei figure, and you can pre-order it now.

First revealed at the New York Toy Fair in February, the figure includes a second faceplate that shows her in super happy mode, and you could even swap it out with one of Tracer's faceplates, if you happen to have that figure as well. You'll also get attachable "effect parts" that give Mei's blaster the appearance of firing, as well as a "circular effect sheet" that represents her Blizzard ability.

Even Mei's deone, Snowball, is included. You can detach the drone and display it on its own stand.

The Mei Nendoroid is available for pre-order now, and will run you $49.99. You can find it on the Blizzard Gear Store [http://gear.blizzard.com/nendoroid-mei]. The figures are expected to ship by the end of Q4 2017.

[gallery=7187]

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
RaikuFA said:
I wanna get one but they look so tiny and fragile.
The Nendroid are not tiny and fragile per say.

I got Miku Hatsune version and they usually come with a base and a thing to attach it to the base from the back so they don't fall from stand. Obviously if you drop it to the floor, the accesory will pop off. As for the height, they are slight smaller to the fugly POP vinyl figures.

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
Scarim Coral said:
RaikuFA said:
I wanna get one but they look so tiny and fragile.
The Nendroid are not tiny and fragile per say.

I got Miku Hatsune version and they usually come with a base and a thing to attach it to the base from the back so they don't fall from stand. Obviously if you drop it to the floor, the accesory will pop off. As for the height, they are slight smaller to the fugly POP vinyl figures.
Maybe I just need a picture comparing it to other items.They just look like they'll break the second I look at it. Plus physics hates me and even if I super glued it to the stand it'd find a way to fall over.

Also I never got the hate for POP. Then again, most of the ones I have aren't human like Big Daddy, the Red Knight from Dark Souls 3 and Kiora Atua.

suzaku4489

Jun 8, 2010
RaikuFA said:
Maybe I just need a picture comparing it to other items.They just look like they'll break the second I look at it. Plus physics hates me and even if I super glued it to the stand it'd find a way to fall over.
The joints have some resistance to them (meaning they won't move unless you want them to), the stands they come with allow a fair amount of versatility in how you want to place the figure (and hold it securely in place), and the material it's made of isn't as brittle as normal figurines are made of so they're much less likely to break.

I'd say they feel like they'd survive multiple falls from 4 feet up quite well. They're also roughly 40% smaller than your average figurine (I have a figurine measuring 6.2" tall, while a similar nendoroid is 3.5" tall). You'd be more likely to lose the thing rather than break it.

WindKnight

Quiet, Odd Sort.
Legacy
Jul 8, 2009
Cephiro
Country
United Kingdom
On the one hand, I really want the mercy one teased so far (concept art displayed alongside the mei concept art)... but their so bloody expensive to me. I can maybe afford one, but I cant really justify one.