Guardians of The Galaxy Vol. 2 Has Five Post-Credits Scenes

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
Guardians of The Galaxy Vol. 2 Has Five Post-Credits Scenes

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1398/1398766.jpg

Guardians of The Galaxy Vol. 2 has a stupidly large amount of post- and mid-credits scenes.

For many movie franchises these days, the mid- and post-credits sequences offer fun little treats for fans. They get a teaser for future installments and get to pick apart the scenes for the months or years while waiting for them to be released. The Marvel [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/marvel] movies have used them fairly well over the years - especially with the first one in Iron Man, which further popularized the trend.

The next Marvel movie, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, is looking to step up the game even more by having now just one or two scenes during and after the credits, but five of them. Initially reported as four by in a tweet responding to the article [http://screenrant.com/guardians-of-the-galaxy-2-post-credits-scenes/].

This news comes just a day after Gunn was confirmed as the writer-director of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/170132-Guardians-of-The-Galaxy-Vol-3-Confirmed].

What's featured in these scenes is currently under embargo. And, even if they weren't, explaining exactly what is in them would ruin the fun.

Guardians of The Galaxy Vol. 2 is out in less than a month, hitting theaters on May 5, 2017. Make sure you stay through the credits!

[gallery=7232]

Source: Screen Rant [http://screenrant.com/guardians-of-the-galaxy-2-post-credits-scenes].

Apr 17, 2009
Yeesh, when I saw the headline I thought it meant they'd be showing different ones in different areas, like how Wolverine Origins had two different ones that depended on what cut you got. But five throughout? Is it the continuing adventures of Howard the Duck or something?

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
Pallindromemordnillap said:
Is it the continuing adventures of Howard the Duck or something?
That would be awesome xD

On Topic:
This is getting a bit out of hand right?

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Ok but why though?

Guffe said:
On Topic:
Yes, yes it most specifically is. And saying "a bit" is a drastic understatement. :p

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
RJ 17 said:
Ok but why though?

Guffe said:
On Topic:
Yes, yes it most specifically is. And saying "a bit" is a drastic understatement. :p
Good, just wanted to get that clarified, so I know "I wasn't the only one" thinking that ;D

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
"Stay tuned after the credits of Guardians Vol 2 and you'll get to see Guardians Vol 3!" -A Hollywood Movie Executive (probably)

American Fox

Le Best Tank
Aug 14, 2012
If one of them isn't Groot, Drax and Yondu jumping on the bed Peter is recuperating on, I'll feel cheated.

enginieri

Apr 1, 2015
American Fox said:
If one of them isn't Groot, Drax and Yondu jumping on the bed Peter is recuperating on, I'll feel cheated.
Arrrrrrrgggg Return of the King slow-motion Flashbacks activated argggggghhhhh

Auron225

Oct 26, 2009
Holy unnecessary-amount-of-post-credits-scenes Batman! Are we slowly going back to the days when the credits are shown in their entirety before the movie, and the movie comes after? I'd rather they just whole-hog it one way or the other.

"Have some credits, now some movie, now some credits, some more movie, CREDITS... extra bit of movie..."

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
well, i guess the credits wont be boring then. sitting through the normal running credits is boring anyway just to see the last few minutes you want to see.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Can films just like...tell you if there is or is NOT stuff after credits? I mean, it is expected with Marvel now, but I hate waiting through EVERY CREDITS cause my mom is like "There may be something after..." FOR EVERY MOVIE! =. =;;

I just wanna go home D:

hermes

Mar 2, 2009
Pallindromemordnillap said:
Yeesh, when I saw the headline I thought it meant they'd be showing different ones in different areas, like how Wolverine Origins had two different ones that depended on what cut you got. But five throughout? Is it the continuing adventures of Howard the Duck or something?
And, you know, as much as I think they are overdoing it, that is A LOT better than the alternative you just described. Having different scenes to try to boost movie tickets is an awful, awful idea.
Saelune said:
Can films just like...tell you if there is or is NOT stuff after credits? I mean, it is expected with Marvel now, but I hate waiting through EVERY CREDITS cause my mom is like "There may be something after..." FOR EVERY MOVIE! =. =;;

I just wanna go home D:
You can usually search on google or yahoo answers in a fraction of the time it takes for most movies credits to roll out, or if you ask the movie theater clerk they are often helpful enough to answer. It has saved me a lot of times of waiting through the credits to see nothing at all.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Makabriel said:
I'm sure they'll be playing under the credits.
They play throughout the credits.
The Enquirer said:
What the... Are some of them bloopers maybe? That's, that's a shit ton of scenes.
Most of them are just jokes or gags. Only one of them is a sequel-hook.