Platinum Games Might Have Teased Bayonetta 3

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Platinum Games Might Have Teased Bayonetta 3

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1400/1400581.jpgA series of uploaded videos are making Platinum Games fans think that a third Bayonetta game could be announced soon.

Platinum Games has been in the news a lot of late. First there was the long-awaited tease of a PC version of Vanquish [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/170052-Bayonetta-Launches-on-Steam-4K-Support-Graphics-Options] yesterday. It looks there was one other possible tease yesterday as well, and many believe it could mean that the developer is going to announce Bayonetta 3.

The company uploaded five short videos to its this article [https://www.youtube.com/user/platinumgames/videos] on the Platinum Games website, which seems to have Bayonetta teaching English. Why the scenes repeat three times isn't clear.

Many people have already seized on these videos as being teasers for Bayonetta 3, but that may just be wishful thinking. The fact that the videos loop three times could just be a coincidence, but with Platinum's recent activity, it's hard not to think that the developer may have something else up its sleeve. If there is something in the works, it's likely we'll hear about it sometime between now and the end of E3 in June.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
A moment of silence for Bayonetta 2, forever trapped on a console nobody bought.

And now my serious concern about the prospect of Bayonetta 3, will it be held hostage by Nintendo into perpetuity?

AzrealMaximillion

Jan 20, 2010
gigastar said:
A moment of silence for Bayonetta 2, forever trapped on a console nobody bought.

And now my serious concern about the prospect of Bayonetta 3, will it be held hostage by Nintendo into perpetuity?
It won't, Nintendo doesn't own the IP. I'd rather have the game for as many platforms as possible, but I think it may wind up being a PS4/PC release. Platinum showed that they can make a game with less glitches than Mass Effect: Andromeda with Nier, but Square skipped on Xbox One due to low sales console sales in Japan.

Its not like Bayo 2 struggling to sell a million on the Wii U makes doing another console exclusive deal attractive. Especially since the Switch came 3 years after Bayo 2 came out. I don't think Nintendo, Sega, or Platinum saw that coming.

I frankly don't think we're going to see deal like that are the Capcom 5 deals happening with Nintendo for a while.

BarkBarker

May 30, 2013
I'd like to see them try more newer and odder genres, I didn't play wonderful 101 but it was a solid take on the genre and so was vanquish. See if you can't get a name out there for being good at multiple types of games rather than "another one".

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
AzrealMaximillion said:
gigastar said:
It won't, Nintendo doesn't own the IP. I'd rather have the game for as many platforms as possible, but I think it may wind up being a PS4/PC release. Platinum showed that they can make a game with less glitches than Mass Effect: Andromeda with Nier, but Square skipped on Xbox One due to low sales console sales in Japan.

Its not like Bayo 2 struggling to sell a million on the Wii U makes doing another console exclusive deal attractive. Especially since the Switch came 3 years after Bayo 2 came out. I don't think Nintendo, Sega, or Platinum saw that coming.

I frankly don't think we're going to see deal like that are the Capcom 5 deals happening with Nintendo for a while.
Well we have always known that Platinum was a capable studio, and its no real secret why Xbox is being neglected by Japanese publishers.

And yes, i dont suppose Platinum are angling for another system exclusive deal after Bayo 2 basically flopped and Scalebound aborted.

And honestly outside of developers that are owned by first party publishers (and even then thats basically just Sony-owned now) system exclusive games are largely going extinct.

Soulrender95

May 13, 2011
with all this teasing going on, can they just tease Transformers Devastation 2?
I want them to follow up on that ending tease and have a Decepticon campaign.

Cold Shiny

May 10, 2015
For the millionth time people.

Platinum took bayo 2 to both Microsoft and Sony. They both refused it because they didn't think it would sell. With only Nintendo offering money for an exclusive, Platinum took the deal rather than abandon the game.

Bayo 2s situation is Microsoft and Sony's fault, not Nintendo's.

AzrealMaximillion

Jan 20, 2010
gigastar said:
AzrealMaximillion said:
gigastar said:

Well we have always known that Platinum was a capable studio, and its no real secret why Xbox is being neglected by Japanese publishers.

And yes, i dont suppose Platinum are angling for another system exclusive deal after Bayo 2 basically flopped and Scalebound aborted.

And honestly outside of developers that are owned by first party publishers (and even then thats basically just Sony-owned now) system exclusive games are largely going extinct.
Agreed, especially with the Japanese console market not being so hot right now. The exclusivity deals that were rampant on the 360 that flopped is a pretty big pile of bodies. Its just not worth going with just Nintendo or Just Xbox for big Japanese 3rd party publishers these days. Its still working for the PS4, but that's because PS never region locked their console and niche games have a history of being ported and doing well in markets outside of Japan. We have a bunch of Yakuza games and the birth of the Souls franchise to showcase that.

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
Cold Shiny said:
For the millionth time people.

Platinum took bayo 2 to both Microsoft and Sony. They both refused it because they didn't think it would sell. With only Nintendo offering money for an exclusive, Platinum took the deal rather than abandon the game.

Bayo 2s situation is Microsoft and Sony's fault, not Nintendo's.
On this site, everything Nintendo related thing is horrible and it's their fault for every little thing happening.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
i rather have bayonetta 2 on pc before they think of making a third installment. they saw now how well it did on pc, so better focus on that.

RealRT

Feb 28, 2014
HomuraDidNothinWrong said:
RealRT said:
How about releasing Bayonetta 2 on relevant platforms first?
Nintendo owns the rights to bayo 2. They refuse to allow it onto other platforms.
They helped fund it, but all the rights? Unlikely.