Unforgettable - A Bald-Faced Lie

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
Unforgettable - A Bald-Faced Lie

Unforgettable's title is such a lie that it feels like an insult.

Read Full Article

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Sometimes I wonder if the people making movies that are destined to be absolute shit ever have a moment where they stop and think to themselves "Wow...this is...well it's just fucking terrible..."? Or are they just completely oblivious and believe they're actually making a quality film?

I can only imagine it's the latter, else Adam Sandler would have been out of a job a lllooonnnggg time ago.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Would've been better if she was a writer haunted by a mysterious character that actually turns out to be a dark version of themselves, and then they eat sweetcorn grown from the corpses of their recent victims.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
Katherine Heigl is like Claire Danes on HOMELAND and STarbuck from the grittier, bleaker Battlestar Galactica, in that they play crazy and unhinged so well, you can't tell if they're just acting or not.
And it's little wonder I'm not that attracted to blondes.

Ironman126

Dark DM Overlord
Apr 7, 2010
RJ 17 said:
Sometimes I wonder if the people making movies that are destined to be absolute shit ever have a moment where they stop and think to themselves "Wow...this is...well it's just fucking terrible..."? Or are they just completely oblivious and believe they're actually making a quality film?

I can only imagine it's the latter, else Adam Sandler would have been out of a job a lllooonnnggg time ago.
There is a theory out there (don't ask what it's called, I can't recall) that states loosely that in order to know you're shite at something, you have to have a modicum of skill at the task.

There's a second, related theory that defines competence on a spectrum:

Unconscious incompetence > Conscious incompetence > Conscious competence > Unconscious competence.

It's safe to say a lot of directors, actors, and writers never got out of the "unconscious incompetence" stage.