Everything We Know About Far Cry 5 | Release Date, Trailer, Customization & More

Kevin Thielenhaus

Jan 29, 2015
Everything We Know About Far Cry 5 | Release Date, Trailer, Customization & More

Far Cry 5 replaces exotic destinations for a locale much closer to home. Here's everything we know about the latest in the open-world FPS franchise.

Read Full Article

Nazriel

Apr 4, 2010
Looking forward to finding out more on this one. Hopefully they can switch it up mechanics-wise somehow from FC3 & FC4.

Chewster

It's yer man Chewy here!
Apr 24, 2008
Watching all the would be Nazis and white supremacists on Twitter shit themselves in rage over that one pic Ubisoft released is already worth the price of admission as far as I am concerned.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Five bucks says that a Pastor being one of your main allies will go over the heads of a lot of people who will inevitably claim the game is anti-Christian.

Nazriel

Apr 4, 2010
erttheking said:
Five bucks says that a Pastor being one of your main allies will go over the heads of a lot of people who will inevitably claim the game is anti-Christian.
Well that's an easy bet. :D

For those with short attention spans who will inevitably be outraged over wrong assumptions, I'm prepared to sum the game up with something like: "You work with a Christian pastor to rid the county of those who pervert Christianity and falsely claim to represent God."

Maybe it could be tweaked some but I think that hits what will be important to the people with misinformed personal objections and aren't just trolls.

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
To this day I have no interest in ever playing FC4, seeing how FC3 already wasn't terribly great aside from Vaas.
This one, however, has my interest. While I'm certain I'm doing those regions a huge disservice with my opinion (seeing how I'm an ignorant foreigner), the rural parts of the US where downhome community sensibilities and inclination towards belief in a personal god could conceivably morph into visions of hateful religious fervor, institutionalized intolerance and violent righteousness have always creeped the fuck out of me, and that coupled with the obviously intended social commentary by the developers could make for a damn compelling video game.

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
Kevin Thielenhaus said:
Far Cry 5 replaces exotic destinations for a locale much closer to home.
This, of course, depends entirely on where you live! ;) No Far Cry main series has been close to my home, yet. Saying that, Europe wouldn't be the best location for a Far Cry. Unless they completely overhaul and have one set on the E-W Cold War divide in the 50's-80's? That could be interesting.

OT: I am actually excited for this. As much as it always seems to be a very uncool thing to be excited for a Ubi-clone game within the community on this site, I do actually quite like them. The bit-by-bit playing style works well for those of us who sometimes can only find an hour here or there to play, and the setting really is intriguing. It's always nice to know that there is something new and fresh to get involved in. I imagine the feel will be similar to the early Trevor section of GTA V, but with a larger world full of people that don't like you.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
erttheking said:
Considering that was already the case with Doom, in which you're an enemy of Hell despite all the haters saying it cultivated Satan worship, yes indeed.

Kyrian007

Nemo saltat sobrius
Legacy
Mar 9, 2010
Kansas
Country
U.S.A.
Shooting bigoted Christian militant fundamentalists in an area reminiscent of the area in which I grew up... I'm almost so interested I'd pre-order it. I'm upgrading my rig to at least recommended requirements in order to enjoy it properly. Ooh, the radio towers could be grain elevators. I don't care how much this is just another "Ubisoft, the game" this is. I wouldn't care if it was entirely just reskinned from FC 3 and 4. The entire draw for me is to give money to Ubisoft specifically for their choice of villain. It makes my purchase well worth it even if this game sits in my backlog forever.

Vausch

Dec 7, 2009
I showed my friend from Montana the trailer. He laughed at the guy running from the black bear. "Yup, that's definitely Montana".

pookie101

Jul 5, 2015
Vausch said:
I showed my friend from Montana the trailer. He laughed at the guy running from the black bear. "Yup, that's definitely Montana".
i have simple desires for this game.. chase down right wing rednecks with a bear :)