GOG.com Adds Fallout 3, New Vegas, and Oblivion DRM-Free

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
GOG.com Adds Fallout 3, New Vegas, and Oblivion DRM-Free

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1409/1409636.jpgGOG.com has added three classic Bethesda RPGs to its store, and they're all DRM-free, and on sale.

GOG.com is constantly adding new games to its store, but this week's may be of more interest to Bethesda fans. You can new pick up Fallout 3, Fallout: New Vegas and The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion completely DRM-free.

This version of Fallout 3 has had Games for Windows Live completely removed, GOG told The Escapist. Although the button is still in the menu, it does nothing. As usual with GOG version of games, all three will support mods.

If you want to pick up one of these new additions, they are all 50 percent off until June 6. Also on sale are several related games: Fallout, Fallout 2, Fallout Tactics, The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind GOTY, An Elder Scrolls Legend: Battlespire, and The Elder Scrolls Adventures: Redguard are all 75 percent off through June 6.

pookie101

Jul 5, 2015
ok thats different and good :) wonder if fallout 3 will run on windows 7 now straight out of the box without having to edit it.

i might need to get back in to fallout 3.. if i can remember what i did with the strategy guide subway map

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Now GoG just needs Skyrim and it will have the most complete collection of Elder Scrolls games imaginable.

Though if they ever want to add games like Shadowkey...I will buy it...

Mister K

This is our story.
Apr 25, 2011
pookie101 said:
ok thats different and good :) wonder if fallout 3 will run on windows 7 now straight out of the box without having to edit it.

i might need to get back in to fallout 3.. if i can remember what i did with the strategy guide subway map
I don't know for sure, but considering that GOGs policy is to make all of their games run on all current OSes, I think the chances are high.

RealRT

Feb 28, 2014
Welp, guess that means a fourh copy of Oblivion for me.
pookie101 said:

The Steam version ran just fine for me.

pookie101

Jul 5, 2015
RealRT said:
pookie101 said:

weirdly it was pretty crash happy for me until i fixed it.. glad im not the only one who owns lots of copies of oblivion

RealRT

Feb 28, 2014
pookie101 said:
RealRT said:
pookie101 said:

weirdly it was pretty crash happy for me until i fixed it.. glad im not the only one who owns lots of copies of oblivion
He-he. I got my Russian retail copy, my Steam version and my PS3 5th anniversary edition.
Oh, wait, I also got a copy from that Russian digital store too. So the GOG version will be my fifth copy then.

pookie101

Jul 5, 2015
RealRT said:
pookie101 said:
RealRT said:
pookie101 said:

He-he. I got my Russian retail copy, my Steam version and my PS3 5th anniversary edition.
Oh, wait, I also got a copy from that Russian digital store too. So the GOG version will be my fifth copy then.
for me my er cough demoed version that fell off a truck, retail version,2nd retail version because i broke the dvd, steam version :D

Ftaghn To You Too

Nov 25, 2009
Praise be. I've heard Fallout 3 is an absolute horror to get running on modern machines, especially with GFWL. I've been wanting to try out A Tale of Two Wastelands for a while now so this might be the perfect opportunity.