8 Video Games That Deserve Movie Adaptations

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
8 Video Games That Deserve Movie Adaptations

Everyone has a favorite game that they think would make a great movie. Here are the eight games that we think deserve a shot at the silver screen.

Read Full Article

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
The general consensus is that most video game movies suck so why do lists like this keep popping up?

The Real Sandman

Oct 12, 2009
1- Jurassic Park/World
3- Alien
4- Immortals, also as you mentioned Clash of the Titans

5 & 6-As much as I enjoy RDR and TLoU, their stories and plotlines are almost beat for beat ripoffs of The Proposition and Children of Men respectfully.

7- Blade Runner/Ghost in the Shell

It's been a long time since I played The Suffering and LoK/SR so I can't comment, but I can already assume that they should probably stay as video games.

TelosSupreme

Dec 8, 2015
008Zulu said:
I thought they were doing a Deus Ex movie. Or is it back in development hell?
Last I checked, Universal bought the rights... and never used them. Honestly that's the best thing they could have done with it.

Seriously though, why does everyone only think of Human Revolution regarding the series? It's good, but it doesn't even hold a dying candle to the original.

THM

Sep 27, 2014
I'm surprised that Bioshock isn't on here somewhere. In the clouds or underwater, it would kick ass. And there have been some pretty kick ass fan versions done already.

Synigma

Dec 24, 2014
Gibbagobba said:
008Zulu said:
Last I checked, Universal bought the rights... and never used them. Honestly that's the best thing they could have done with it.

Seriously though, why does everyone only think of Human Revolution regarding the series? It's good, but it doesn't even hold a dying candle to the original.
The mistake would be copying any of the existing stories. They should just use the world and write a unique story, tie it in with a few of the supporting characters if you really have to.

Deus Ex's world could make for a great action movie + film noir if done properly. Advertise the flashy chrome and badass augmented lead but have plenty of grungy old augs throughout the movie. It could really capture the lived in feel of the world while still being cool as hell.

TelosSupreme

Dec 8, 2015
Synigma said:
Gibbagobba said:
008Zulu said:

The mistake would be copying any of the existing stories. They should just use the world and write a unique story, tie it in with a few of the supporting characters if you really have to.

Deus Ex's world could make for a great action movie + film noir if done properly. Advertise the flashy chrome and badass augmented lead but have plenty of grungy old augs throughout the movie. It could really capture the lived in feel of the world while still being cool as hell.
I totally agree, but I feel like Deus Ex is suffering from the same problem as Star Wars - at least from a modern business perspective - in that the core universe is actually rather limited compared to the possibilities presented by its setting and premise. Or as RLM better put it;

https://youtu.be/Kc2kFk5M9x4?t=628

After all, how much mileage does Squeenix think it can get out of Adam Jensen's story alone? Even the aesthetics between HR and MD are very similar. If there's one thing I can give Invisible War credit for, it's actually trying to better expand the universe and style established by the original while standing out in its own ways (for better or for worse).