New game releases - Week of September 24, 2017

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
New game releases - Week of September 24, 2017

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1424/1424724.jpgWith the holiday season just around the corner, the game industry's shiniest toys are starting to become available for us to play with. This year has already been a powerhouse of stellar titles, all of which will undoubtedly go on sale in anticipation of the coming holidays, we're also staring down the barrel of brand new titles queued up for the coming week. Sport fans and retro fans have plenty to look forward to over the coming week.

Assuming, of course, said retro fans can actually find any SNES Classic Minis.

September 26th
Nioh Bloodshed's End DLC (PS4)
Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony (PC, PS4, Vita)
Batman: The Enemy Within - Episode 2 (PC, PS4, Xbox One)
Blue Reflection (PC, PS4)
Halo Wars 2: Awakening the Nightmare expansion (PC, Xbox One)
Fallout 4: Game of the Year Edition (PC, PS4, Xbox One)
Hob (PC, PS4)
Ruiner (PC, PS4, Xbox One)
Raid: World War 2 (PC)
Sine Mora EX (Switch)
Senran Kagura: Peach Beach Splash (PS4)

September 28th
Total War: Warhammer 2 (PC)

September 29th
Cuphead (PC, Xbox One)
Nintendo SNES Classic Mini Console
FIFA 18 (PC, PS4, Switch, Xbox One PS3, Xbox 360)
Gundam Versus (PS4)

However, new releases are hardly as exciting as their communities. If there's anything you're interested in coming on the horizon, hit us up in the comments and sell us on it. We want to be excited with you!

Chaosian

Mar 26, 2011
Nice, I dig this - gives me something to look forward to.
Wanna see my favorite Let's Players play Episode 2 of Batman. It's the most interesting thing Telltale has done in years, and they're a lot of fun.

TelosSupreme

Dec 8, 2015
Still looking forward to Cuphead. But man, am I the only one who feels like this has been a really weak year for both movies and games? I mean technically it was for movies, but still.

Naldan

You Are Interested. Certainly.
Feb 25, 2015
Wow, content. No, I really mean it. Thanks for the actual content!

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
What's this? New content? Tippy, I love you, man.

Also, this is great since it's kinda hard to keep track of games that are coming out.

[sup]Skol![/sup]

Feb 7, 2016
I agree, I like this little nugget of content. It's a nice reminder of what to look out for. Honestly I could be following a game for weeks but if it doesn't release for another couple months I usually end up forgetting about when it comes out.

Unfortunately this is a weak start for me : P not that interested in anything on here except maybe Cuphead, and even then I don't got the money for it. Definitely something I'll pick up though eventually.

aceman67

Jan 14, 2010
Wow, first actual peice of content that isn't an advert or a post about deals... SINCE AUGUST 15TH.

Pretty sure this 'publication' is dead.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
KoudelkaMorgan said:
Steamworld Dig 2 releases on PS4 this week too.
Google says it came out last week.

Honestly, it'll almost certainly have issues like this as I only go so in depth (for example, I don't remember which it was but one of those games up there releases this week in Merica and not until next month in Europe but I didn't see that until after it went live).

I'll do my best to make sure I have everything (I cross reference multiple sites and if I find a discrepancy, I specifically search that game on Google. Incidentally, that is now why "Senran Kagura: Peach Beach Splash" is in my Google History so I hope everyone appreciates the sacrifice my Google had to make there :p).

American Tanker

Feb 25, 2015
Thanks for putting up some actual content, Tippy.

Now, the only thing there I even give half a poot about is Raid: WWII. Pity that, nothing interesting coming out for a good while. No good racing games any time soon?

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
Gibbagobba said:
Still looking forward to Cuphead. But man, am I the only one who feels like this has been a really weak year for both movies and games? I mean technically it was for movies, but still.
What are you talking about? This year we've has Yakuza 0, Resident Evil 7, Nioh, Nier Automata, Persona 5, Breath of the Wild, ARMS, Splatoon 2, Crash Trilogy, that Fire Emblem remake that was better than Fates, Mario + Rabbids, Yakuza Kiwami and Horizon Zero Dawn. Plus we have Mario Odyssey, South Park and Cuphead coming out.

I'm probably missing out on a bunch but it's been a great year for games compared to last year.

KoudelkaMorgan

Jul 31, 2009
The reason Google says Steamworld Dig 2 came out last week is because it came out on SWITCH last week. Other versions are this week.

https://www.gamefaqs.com/ps4/upcoming/1-north-america

TelosSupreme

Dec 8, 2015
RaikuFA said:
Gibbagobba said:
What are you talking about? This year we've has Yakuza 0, Resident Evil 7, Nioh, Nier Automata, Persona 5, Breath of the Wild, ARMS, Splatoon 2, Crash Trilogy, that Fire Emblem remake that was better than Fates, Mario + Rabbids, Yakuza Kiwami and Horizon Zero Dawn. Plus we have Mario Odyssey, South Park and Cuphead coming out.

I'm probably missing out on a bunch but it's been a great year for games compared to last year.
I mean, I guess then it really depends on your preference and mine is a little less broad than that selection. Despite that, it just feels like there haven't been any big showstoppers (at least from my point of view). Don't play much in the way of consoles.

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
Gibbagobba said:
RaikuFA said:
Gibbagobba said:

I mean, I guess then it really depends on your preference and mine is a little less broad than that selection. Despite that, it just feels like there haven't been any big showstoppers (at least from my point of view). Don't play much in the way of consoles.
That is true. Though I still recommend Nier. It's on PC and it is such a great game.

Vendor-Lazarus

Censored by Mods. PM for Taboos
Mar 1, 2009
Feels nice with new content. That it is also something of potential relevance to users is icing on the cake.
Thanks Tippy!

I feel that it's a bit console heavy though. The only title that interested me was Hob, but that almost REQUIRES a controller to play.

If I hear or read about any interesting games I'll be sure to post it in here!

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
KoudelkaMorgan said:
The reason Google says Steamworld Dig 2 came out last week is because it came out on SWITCH last week. Other versions are this week.

https://www.gamefaqs.com/ps4/upcoming/1-north-america
Ah, gotcha. I don't know if I can update this thing once it is Live but I don't want to try until I'm home on an actual computer in case I break something important. But I shall see if I can get it added.

Thaluikhain said:
New content...yeah, probably best not to have re-runs of this.
tippy2k2 needs Holiday breaks too though and reruns are easy! :(