Tomb Raider: Doppelganger

Feb 13, 2008

Lara's Shadow, the next installment in Tomb Raider: Underworld features a protagonist that stands alongside Lara like Venom to Spider-man.

The upcoming DLS shifts perspective to let you play as Lara's doppelganger, seen at the end of Underworld, who...well, let's not release any spoilers just yet. Let's just say that she describes herself as Lara "with all the flaws removed." And removes one of them permanently.

Ron Rosenberg, senior producer on both episodes has said, "We developed new gameplay mechanics to support her superhuman strength and agility that make the experience different than any other Tomb Raider game. It's a rush to play."

Little is known about this deadly doppelganger. Could it even be the one spotted in the original Tomb Raider? All we know is that it is described to be like Venom to Spider-man: "...a dark and deadly double of Lara with incredible powers and instructions to end the Croft lineage once and for all."

Beneath the Ashes is out tomorrow; Lara's Shadow is due on March 10 on Xbox Live Marketplace for 800 Microsoft Points. We PC owners just have to nip 'round to our console playing friends.

Source: Eurogamer [http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/play-as-doppelganger-in-tomb-raider-dlc]

Cousin_IT

Feb 6, 2008
hmmm...I seem to recall another aged & wel past their prime console hero making a game with shadow in its name that did so much good for that franchise...something to do with spiked rodents as I remember it

Feb 13, 2008
Cousin_IT said:
hmmm...I seem to recall another aged & wel past their prime console hero making a game with shadow in its name that did so much good for that franchise...something to do with spiked rodents as I remember it
Perhaps, but if you'd seen the end of Underworld, you might think differently about this one...

anaphysik

Nov 5, 2008
The exact opposite of Lara Croft, you say? What, like a friendly archaeologist who cares about preserving artifacts rather than simply being an evil, endangered-species-killing ***** with enemies more likable than her? [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/502-Tomb-Raider-Underworld] Perhaps Indiana Jones will join the series. Hardy-har.

Feb 13, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
The_root_of_all_evil said:
Cousin_IT said:
Perhaps, but if you'd seen the end of Underworld, you might think differently about this one...
Yes, but to do that we'd have to play Underworld. Is it really worth it?
Yes. Yes it is.

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
Cousin_IT said:
Yes, but to do that we'd have to play Underworld. Is it really worth it?
Yes. Yes it is.
I keep meaning to pick it up but... 60 bucks man... I loved Legends and 60 bucks is still too much.

GoldenShadow

May 13, 2008
I bought Tomb raider underworld on steam, by preorder, for only 40 dollars. And i got legends for free with it.

Galletea

Inexplicably Awesome
Sep 27, 2008
I still think she should be left alone to retire gracefully.

People should learn to move on and not try and be Dr Frankenstein. Resurrecting her is not helping.

Soxafloppin

Coxa no longer floppin'
Jun 22, 2009
Most characters get a dark/evil/shadow version of themselves at some point. Spiderman, sonic, link, samus etc.

Svenparty

Jan 13, 2009
coxafloppin said:
Most characters get a dark/evil/shadow version of themselves at some point. Spiderman, sonic, link, samus etc.
A very good reason Lara Croft doesn't need one.

Prehaps they should let her Die.

akmarksman

Mar 28, 2008
galletea said:
I still think she should be left alone to retire gracefully.

People should learn to move on and not try and be Dr Frankenstein. Resurrecting her is not helping.
Tell that to Nintendo and Sony..

I still remember installing the first Tombraider and being amazed by the ability to run and jump and crawl up stuff..instead of the standard wolfenstein/doom run along the floor stuff.

Mr. Tibbles

Jun 9, 2009

Lara's Shadow, the next installment in Tomb Raider: Underworld features a protagonist that stands alongside Lara like Venom to Spider-man.

The upcoming DLS shifts perspective to let you play as Lara's doppelganger, seen at the end of Underworld, who...well, let's not release any spoilers just yet. Let's just say that she describes herself as Lara "with all the flaws removed." And removes one of them permanently.

Ron Rosenberg, senior producer on both episodes has said, "We developed new gameplay mechanics to support her superhuman strength and agility that make the experience different than any other Tomb Raider game. It's a rush to play."

Little is known about this deadly doppelganger. Could it even be the one spotted in the original Tomb Raider? All we know is that it is described to be like Venom to Spider-man: "...a dark and deadly double of Lara with incredible powers and instructions to end the Croft lineage once and for all."

Beneath the Ashes is out tomorrow; Lara's Shadow is due on March 10 on Xbox Live Marketplace for 800 Microsoft Points. We PC owners just have to nip 'round to our console playing friends.

Source: Eurogamer [http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/play-as-doppelganger-in-tomb-raider-dlc]

mmmmmmmmm bacon...