78: Curt Schilling: The Escapist Interview

The Escapist Staff

Jul 10, 2006
"Everything we do is intent on being the best, on being innovative and revolutionary, from a product and a company standpoint. We truly have aspirations of being the best in the world at what we do. From top to bottom, this company will operate with a very different mandate in every aspect, from how we treat our employees, how our employees are compensated and their vested interest in the profitability of the company to every ounce of every product we produce."

Joe Blancato interviews Curt Shilling, pitcher for the Boston Red Sox and CEO of Green Monster Games.
Curt Schilling: The Escapist Interview

razor

Mar 3, 2004
Good interview, Joe. I'm really curious as to what it is they are working on and if it will be something other than Vanguard 2.0. Oh, and because this warms my heart every time I see it, here you go:

Bongo Bill

Jul 13, 2006
Well, okay, but, um... what is he going to sell? I think I managed to glean that there was an MMO involved.

Joe

Jul 7, 2006
Yeah, it's an MMO, and that was about all he would say on the specifics.

ErinHoffman

Sep 6, 2006
GMG has been very fascinating to me since they were first conceived. Schilling does seem like a very pragmatic guy whose heart and mind are both in the right place -- it would be very interesting to be on a 'team' with him. What I'd wonder about re their MMO (it is intensely exciting to see R. A. Salvatore at the creative helm) is another 'first' that they're attempting -- developing an MMO on the east coast, unless they've opened a CA office I don't know about. Getting talent out there is a unique challenge, though Boston certainly has a thriving community. But it's still more difficult than putting together a team in CA, and the northeastern US development community is a unique and interesting place.

Great interview, though. I'm glad you guys tracked him down. I think his stuff is one of the more interesting things going on in the field right now.