Lost Planet 2 Is 360 Exclusive?

Keane Ng

Sep 11, 2008
Lost Planet 2 Is 360 Exclusive?

PS3 and PC owners won't be getting a taste of Lost Planet 2's four-way co-op action, as Capcom has seems to have confirmed the title will be exclusive to the Xbox 360.

I guess we should have seen this coming when Capcom debuted the trailer for Lost Planet 2 [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/89647-Capcom-Announces-Lost-Planet-2] on Xbox Live Marketplace, but the company's upcoming third-person shooter has only been announced as in development for the Xbox 360.

"Capcom, a leading worldwide developer and publisher of video games, today announced that Lost Planet 2 is being developed for the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, following an exclusive announcement on Xbox LIVE that happened Monday, February 23," the company wrote in a press release. No mention of PC or PS3, just 360. Which doesn't really entail a direct statement of "no PS3, no PC version" but would suggest that they won't be coming along quite as soon, at the very least.

But wait, didn't Capcom make a big fuss out of saying that they no longer believed [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/86238-Capcom-Says-No-To-Platform-Exclusive-Development] in platform exclusivity? "All major titles launched during the next fiscal year or thereafter will be developed as multi-platform game," the company stated last year. The key to doing that, Capcom explained, would be the MT Framework development platform that would make multiplatform games easier to create. Lost Planet 2, Capcom is quick to emphasize in both the debut trailer and in its PR, runs on an upgraded version of MT Framework, the creatively named MT Framework 2.0.

So really, don't be surprised to eventually hear that the game will be announced for PS3 and PC. You might just have to wait a little while longer, which could be all the more painful considering that, contrary to our past speculation, Lost Planet 2 won't feature just three person co-op but four-player support.

meatloaf231

Old Man Glenn
Feb 13, 2008
Wasn't the original an exclusive too, until the two consoles started trying to out-special-edition each other? I doubt it will stick.

Also, as long as the four-player support is local, as well as the co-op, I'll seriously consider picking this up.

hippo24

Apr 29, 2008
The first was entertaining, and I found It to be one of the more "fun" titles I own for the xbox, due to its Boss battles.

On the terms of exclusiveness, It was a staggered release and I imagine that the same scenario will apply, with a several month (or even year) delay.

LifeSarcastic

Feb 25, 2009
MaxTheReaper said:
A company lied?
Truly, I am most shocked. Anyway, Lost Planet isn't that interesting to me.
Wow I didn't think company's did that. 0.0 Anyways...I don't think PS3 and PC owners will have to wait very long. Releasing this only on the 360 wouldn't get them all of the money they could get going multiplatform.

nova18

Feb 2, 2009
I hope this doesnt stick, Im against exclusivity from 3rd party developers, its unevens the karmic balance of the world...
Then again, my PS3 will have a new microsoft friend by Xmas, Ill be able to afford a 360 and a stack of games for both consoles come 2010.

-Seraph-

May 19, 2008
It's not going to be exclusive. Chances are if the first one wasn't exclusive this one wont be either. I enjoyed the first one and LP2 looks like it has improved on the first one in every way, and look damn gorgeous in the process. I am not looking forward to waiting around a year for it to hit PC's....

mattttherman3

Dec 16, 2008
Aside from obvious graphical improvements, this game actually looks WORSE than the first. That game was a waste of 10 bucks(rented it).

CarlosYenrac

Nov 20, 2007
Am I the only person on earth who likes exclusives?
I think knowing which version is the original, 'as developed' version of a game is refreshing, I've been burned by too many crappy ports.

MercurySteam

Tastes Like Chicken!
Legacy
Apr 11, 2008
Same thing happened with Haze. Except they planned to port it, but then cancelled. I guess it doesn't matter since even though it looked good, it was shit.

Frank_Sinatra_

Digs Giant Robots
Dec 30, 2008
I own both systems so it doesn't really matter to me as long as the co-op is local.
Also $10 says that Capcom will special edition it for the PC and PS3 like last time.